Chapter 3: A new friend~

You guys will soon understand why I added this pic. I have decided that I'll just add a pic in the start which symbolizes the event of that particular chapter. How does that sound? Don't be afraid to criticize!

We never really talked. Not sooner I actually made a friend who was actually from his class. Let me explain.

In our school, once we get to fifth grade, we are divided into four 'houses'. Namely, red, yellow, blue and green. My two friends and I were in yellow house since fifth and we were loyal af.

So, in eighth, there was kabaddi match between red house and yellow house; and let me tell you, red and yellow are literally neck to neck competitors because red always came first and yellow came second. So, the competition and anticipation were huge.

My friends and I were there, cheering for the yellow house team when a 9th grade girl approached us and asked who we were supporting. As soon as we said yellow, she grinned at us and gave us a high five as she introduced herself and started to blabber on.

Right there, my now senior crush and his friend were standing and watching the match too.

His third friend was nowhere to be seen (He looks scary for some reason, and I feel like he's going to stab me the very moment I put my eyes on his friend).

Well, our new friend asked him too who they were supporting and as soon as they said 'red', she grimaced and turned her face away. I didn't say anything, I was in no place to do that, so we just continued cheering.

I honestly don't remember who won but I think it was yellow.

Well, meeting her was another major plot point in this story. After that we started talking to her pretty frequently and sometimes, I heard her call his name, but I still wasn't sure of how it was spelled. (I actually didn't get his name with the proper spelling until half the year had passed. I had been living with the wrong spelling and after learning the correct spelling I felt really dumb).

Anyways, after that we started visiting her during lunch and she would usually be sitting in the first-grade classes, watching over the children because the teachers would be eating their own lunch. Anyone could volunteer for it; they just had to get permission from the respective class's teacher.

After some time, I realized that my senior crush also had taken up this work but to the 'C' section. There were four in every grade, A, B, C and D.

My friends and I started coming frequently but would just talk to our friend and leave. As it might get confusing, I'll give her an alias, Amelia. She would usually look after the class with two of my other classmates.

Later on, we discovered that 'A' section didn't actually have anyone to monitor them so the three of us volunteered and we quickly bonded with the kids. I'll give an alias to both my friends too. Our trio consisted of me, Paulina and Scarlett.

Paulina was the one who had a crush on our classmate and Scarlett was the one who was in a different class and was dating her classmate.

I'll use the name Theo for my senior crush. I would occasionally see Theo whenever he would go in or go out of the class but that was it. We wouldn't exactly talk but it was random trivial stuff like when I would ask him if he had seen Amelia, and he would just shake his head or just point in the direction that she went in.

So, it wasn't much. But our very first interaction that he also remembered really well was when he had won a medal in a competitive exam, and I had gone to congratulate him.

Actually, I hadn't even planned to congratulate him personally, but that changed, and the sole reason was Amelia. 

Sorry for the awfully short chapters but I'm actually really excited for this work of mine especially and I actually want to try building suspense instead of just trying to achieve a specific number of words. Thank you for the support and don't be hesitant to criticize my writing!  

Love,

Immoral Goddess