Chapter|48|

I turned around wanting to turn away from the beaming sunlight. Today didn't seem normal because I couldn't feel the full effect of the light. Normally, it beams with full force and I am sure it's morning already. It doesn't feel like it.
I turned around again and forced myself to open my eyes. I shrink back as I open my eyes to feel a pair of eyes staring back at me. "Morning" a voice came up and I realized it's Asher.
I forgot he slept over at my house yesterday since my parent aren't home.
"Watching me in my sleep, are we?" I plastered a smirk on my face mimicking his action. He plopped his head on his elbow. "Yes. You snore so loud so it wasn't hard to wake up"he said with a serious look and I gasped. I am sure I don't snore.
You can't know that.
"I don't"
"You drool too"
"I am sure you are making all that up" I pointed a finger at him and he chuckled.
"How do you know that?" he replied with a mocking smile and I snorted.
I touched the corner of my lips and jaw to check if he was right.
"I love seeing your reactions in cases like this. I am joking. You look cute and have an habit of opening your mouth a little" he replied and I smacked his arm. I mean his naked arm and I am just noticing he is shirtless. Does this happen every time we sleep together or I am just noticing it now?
"Do you sleep shirtless?" I asked wanting to satisfy my curiosity.
"Are you just knowing now?"he raised an eyebrow and I giggled.
I tried not to stare at his bare chest and pinned my gaze on his face.
"It's funny that this is the first time I am noticing it" I replied after I stopped giggling. He leaned closer still laying on his side but wasn't resting his head on his palm. "What are you doing?" I asked moving back a little.
"Kissing you"he rolled his eyes as if to say duh.
Not happening!
I rolled over forgetting my bed was small compared to his. I landed on my butt with a thud and it hurt badly.
He hovered over me and had the nerves to laugh at my misery. I glared at him and flipped him the middle finger. "Why did you do that?"he asked with a slight smirk and I rolled my eyes.
"Morning breath" I replied and laid on my butt. "It's not like I care about it"he replied and scoffed in my head.
I am not kissing him when I pretty sure my mouth smells like a drainage system.
Well exaggerated!
"We should get ready for school" I said and he nodded getting up.
He extended a hand to pull me up and I accepted it almost crashing into him.
"I will be getting my kiss later"he whispered into my ear and walked out.
I followed and we headed to the bathroom together. I took out my toothbrush and squinted toothpaste on it and did the same for him with the spare brush he uses anytime he stays over.
We both stand in front of the sink brushing our teeth. I rinsed my mouth and waited for him to do the same. "You can get out now" I said grabbing the bathrobe on the rack.
"I wanna use the shower first"he said.
"Do you know the saying 'ladies first'?"I crossed my hands over my chest with a smirk. "I will be quick. You spend a lot of time in the bathroom" I pointed out and he gave me a lopsided grin.
"It's all skincare cupcake"he replied and I rolled my eyes at him.
He put his hands on the waistband of his sweats and I held his hand confused on what he is trying to do. "You can stay if you want us to shower together"he smirked and I searched his eyes to check if he was telling the truth. He had a mischievous glint in his eyes and I quickly sprang out. "You are a very bad boyfriend" I shouted just as I closed the door. "I am many things other than that"he called out and I glared hard at the door. Why couldn't he just let me use the bathroom first like a perfect gentleman?
I stomped off to my room to choose an outfit. I decided on a black ripped jeans and a white sweatshirt with my white vans. I headed to the kitchen to prepare breakfast so I can eat immediately I take my bath. I decided to make some hash browns and waffles.
A hand wrapped around my waist and the familiar cologne filled my nose.
He put his chin on my shoulder and I pouted. I am still angry at him.
"This place smells nice. What are you making cupcake?"he asked but I ignored him. "You can't possibly be mad at me"he said and turned me around. And I am sure I had the you really think that look.
"I will let you use the bathroom first the next time"he said with a grin .
"Why were you hell bent on using it first?"I asked curious to know.
"You will see"he replied with a smirk.
"Did you get me something?" I asked and couldn't help but get excited.
"Maybe"
"OMG! I have to see it now" I squealed and hurried to the bathroom.
"What about breakfast?"he called after me. "Make yourself useful" I replied and entered the bathroom.
I looked around for something strange and my eyes laid on a small bag on the towel rack. I picked it up and looked inside. I gasped immediately holding the expensive looking hairpin. It looked simple but exquisite. It had diamonds at the side and shiny. I bet it cost more than my whole house.
I went back to the kitchen holding it and saw him making coffee.
"Why had you get me an hairpin?"I asked.
"It was beautiful and I thought to get it for you"
"It is. Thank you so much"
"You don't need to appreciate me" he replied with an annoyed expression and I tiptoed to kiss his cheek.
"Hey"he called and I couldn't decipher the expression on his face. "That is not a kiss" he replied with an expression that looked like a pout.
"I will think about that" I said and headed to the bathroom.
I took a quick relaxing shower. I put on my outfit and put my hair in a ponytail. I applied the hairpin and really loved it.
I applied red lipstick only and put on my vans. I headed back outside to see him placing two plates on the table.
He scanned my outfit and smiled. "Beautiful"he said and I blushed lightly.
He was wearing a white shirt with varsity jacket and denim jeans. He had Nike converse on.
I settled across him and started eating the food. I checked my phone to see we are running late. "We have to hurry" I said and rushed my food.
I washed the plates quickly and grabbed my backpack. We headed out to his car and settled inside. He drove to school at a higher speed limit than usual but not high enough to attract the police.
We got to school fifteen minutes before the bell and I breath a sigh of relief. "We made it" I whispered.
"I never got my kiss" he said and I turned to stare at him with the are you serious right now? look.
I tried to open the door to get out and realized it was locked.
Stupid child's lock.
"Asher, open the door. We are going to be late" I groaned and tried the door again.
"You give me the kiss and the door opens" he said and I stared at him in disbelief.
I leaned over ready to get this over with. I placed my lips on his and was about to pull away. He wasn't having it and took control of the kiss. I somehow got pulled onto his laps and ran my hands through his hair. He tried to do the same but my hair was in a ponytail. He put his hand under my sweatshirt and rested it on my stomach. The kiss was sweet and slow.
I pulled away to catch my breath just in time to hear the bell ring.
Shit! I moved back to my seat still breathing heavily.
I checked myself in the side mirror to see that I looked disheveled. My clothes was creased, my lipstick was smeared and my hair looked messy. I glanced at him and he didn't look less than I am. I turned to glare at him to see him smirking at me. "Remind me never to make out with you few minutes to school opening" I grumbled and proceeded to put my hair in a ponytail again. "That was what I needed to start my day. We should do that every time" he said and I glanced at him for a sec to glare at him. My lipstick was evident on his lips and I tried to help him smoothen it a bit. I got out of the car quickly realizing we are seven minutes late to our English class.
I ran to the entrance to see him striding slowly but matching my pace.
Damn long legs!
I ran and stopped in front of the class. I really hated this but I don't have a choice. I tried to smoothen my cloth but I am sure people would be able to figure out why we are late to class. I put my hand on the doorknob and took a deep breath.
"...That's_" the teacher trailed off as I opened the door. Everyone stopped what they were doing to look at us.
The teacher glared at us and sighed. He gestured for us to go sit and I quickly settled in my perfect seat. Thank goodness he let us off the hook.
"See not so bad"Asher's hot breath filled my ear and I didn't bother turning around. I got my books out ready to jot down the notes. I can feel his hands running through my hair as usual. I felt relaxed anytime he does that.
I turned to him. "Why do you like doing that?" I asked even though I have heard him say he liked my long hair.
"I love your hair" he replied and I smiled.
"Why do you like touching it?"
"It has a way of calming me down"
"You are a very weird guy you know"
"You are the weird one in this relationship"
"Why would you think so?" I asked with a fake gasp. I am a little weird but I wouldn't admit that to him.
"You are the one that does weird things"he replied with a small smile.
"Example?"
"You_"
"Mister Bianchi and Miss Walker,would you both like to explain to the class what you are whispering among yourselves that  is so important than what I am explaining to everyone" the teacher's voice boomed and I winced turning to the sound of his voice.
Dammit! How can I forget that I was in class?
"I am sorry _" I started but was interrupted by the teacher.
"First, you both came late to class but I chose to let you both off. Even though I didn't punish you, you both still have the nerves to disturb my class" he said and my heart clenched. I really hate being scolded at by teachers and also being the center of discussion.
"Detention for you both after school and I am highly disappointed in you Miss Walker" the teacher said and turned back to the board.
"De..ten.tion" I whispered unable to believe I actually got detention.
People started whispering among themselves but was silenced by the teacher's mean look.
"I am so sorry, I will fix it after the class" Asher whispered to me and I nodded still not able to grasp the fact that I got detention.
I,Stephanie Walker, Detention.
Asher is rubbing off on you. You are making it sound like it is a death sentence.
That is because it is like a death sentence to me. I am the perfect student so I never thought I could actually get detention.
Besides, you were the one that initiated the talk with him.
I did that and put both of us in trouble. He is used to getting detention but I am not. This is really bad for me.
What goes on there?
Will they call my parents?
What will they think of me?
Will my scholarship be cancelled?
The counselor warned me not to get into any trouble and I had to go get myself detention.
I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Some people get detention everyday and this is your first time. It is all part of the last year in high school experience.
I am sure if a person had said that getting detention was part of the all last year in high school experience, I would have thought the person was crazy.
The bell rang and Asher sprang out of his seat immediately and walked to the teacher. They discussed in hushed voice and I saw the teacher shook his head before walking out. Not before giving me a I am so disappointed in you look and Asher walking back to me.
"He said his decision is final. He didn't expect that kind of behavior from a top student like you. I am sorry, it is my fault. If I hadn't locked the car to get you to kiss me and disturbing you in class by touching your hair. Then you wouldn't need to go through this" he replied running his hand through his hair.
I grabbed hold of one of his hands and squeezed it in assurance. "It is all part of the last year in high school experience" the words sounded so foreign in my mouth but I managed to let out a bitter giggle. He looked at me like he didn't believe I thought detention was fun.
"It is not your fault entirely because I started the conversation"I said.
"Still_" I placed a finger on his lips to get him to shut up. "You will be there so I am sure it is going to be a new fun experience" I replied.
Next class!
"I am running late again" I said putting a hand on my temple.
"You better hurry. I have got practice till lunchtime" he replied and pouted.
Lucky him. "Bye" I said and quickly ran out. Thank goodness my next class wasn't so far away.
I entered the class and settled beside my friends. "You got detention"Amanda whisper-yelled as I sighed not seeing the teacher in class.
News does spread fast in the school.
"Yeah! I was distracted" I mumbled twirling my pen in my hand.
"By Asher?"Lily asked and I nodded.
"I forgot the rules and started a conversation with him" I grumbled and Angela chuckled.
"That doesn't sound like you at all"she giggled out .
"Glad that you found humor in my misery" I said sarcasm evident in my tone and she smirked at me.
"Detention isn't that bad. I have been there five times"Amanda said and I nodded hoping she was right.
"Will they inform my parents about it?" I voiced out my fear. I am sure my dad will ask me to break up with Asher if he finds out he is why I got distracted. That has never happened to me before . I don't appreciate talking in class but it is all changing due to my green eyed boy.
"My parents don't get to know about it" Amanda said and stuffed a gum in her mouth. That made me lighten up a bit. At least,I don't get to see my parent's disappointed look and my dad telling me to break things off with Asher.
"Asher is going to be with you so it should be fun"Angela said and I gave her a sarcastic smile. She is making it seem like detention is a great thing.
"Never thought the day would come that you will break the rules of being a perfect student"Rose snickered and I sighed.
The teacher entered and I clamped my mouth shut. Getting detention one time is mild but going to the principal, or getting double detention isn't going to be.
—————————————————————————————————————————-
"Hi"a voice said behind me and I turned around. I was in my last class before school closed. I dreaded the detention that comes afterward.
I was surprised to see Daniel sitting behind me. "I didn't know you are in this class" I said not bothering to hide my surprise.
"I don't really like this history class" he mumbled and I chuckled.
"Why bother taking the class?" I asked.
I offered most of the subjects because I couldn't decide what I wanted to study in college before.
"Can't decide what to study yet" he replied and I nodded in understanding.
"You have basketball"I said glancing to the front. I am glad the teacher hasn't arrived because I am not about to get into trouble again.
"My dad wants me to major in something like business and use basketball as a pastime" he replied and I nodded.
I have never actually bonded with any of Asher's friend before so this was new.
"I am sure you will choose what is going to be good for you" I replied hoping it sounded right to say.
"Thanks. Enough about me, I heard you and Asher got detention" he had an amused smile on and I groaned.
"Don't remind me, I am already dreading it" I pouted rubbing my temples.
"So_" he paused as the door opened and I quickly turned to the front.
It was the teacher and he looked like he ran all the way here. "So class, I wouldn't be able to teach you anything today. I have got an emergency which requires my attention. I would like you guys to read the topic for today so we can discuss it next class. So sorry for the inconvenience guys" he rushed out and walked out not waiting for our response.
People cheered and I rolled my eyes at them. Some people walked out while some started chatting loudly.
"I am pretty sure it's Asher's fault" he said and I turned back to him.
"I was the one that started the conversation" I replied and he had a disbelief look. People are actually quite surprised that I got us detention and not him. "Damn, I thought it was that dumbass" he chuckled lightly and I smiled.
"It isn't going to be your type of scenario but Asher will be there with you" he said and I hoped so.
It isn't going to be your type of scenario.
What does he mean by that?
"Asher is totally rubbing off on you" he said and I pouted.
I am not mad at him. I am actually intrigued by all this.
You are changing. Thank goodness you stopped exaggerating about DETENTION!
The bell rang and I stood up. "Thank you for keeping me company" I said as we both walked to the door.
"I enjoyed talking to you" he replied and opened the door for me.
I walked out to see Asher leaning against the wall. He looked up at the sound of my vans clicking against the floor and raised an eyebrow seeing Daniel behind me.
"I thought you didn't like this class" he said to Daniel as we got to him.
"There will be a test soon so I have to catch up. Luck wasn't on my side as the teacher had an emergency" Daniel explained and I just stood there fiddling with my fingers.
It's time for detention.
"Lucky you" Asher chuckled and Daniel flipped him off. "It's detention time man. Your sorry ass have got luck since we don't have practice now" Daniel smirked and Asher scowled at him.
"Enjoy guys" he said and Asher flipped him the finger.
"I am sure Stephanie would be happy to do that" he winked at me and gestured yo Asher's middle finger. I blushed crimson red and scolded myself for not letting my hair down today. He walked off and Asher muttered a few curses under his breath.
"I am sorry about this. I would have tried to pull some strings but my mom made sure we never did that. She told us to learn to take responsibility for our actions. We might get expelled and my mom wouldn't bat an eyelashes at us. My dad respect her decisions so much that he is going to support her" he said with a scowl and I giggled.
"I am glad we are in this together" I smiled as he interlaced our fingers today. I put my free hand in my jeans pocket and headed to detention.
It was a class at the end of the hallway and we entered.
They had to put Mr Lance to watch over us. He looked surprised to see me but covered it with a frown. "Phones" he said and placed a box in front of us.
We put our phones in and he gestured for us to go sit somewhere.
The place was half full. People raised an eyebrow at me as I settled down. "What did you do?"a girl sitting beside me with a lot of piercing asked.
"Talking in class" I replied even though I wasn't sure I should answer her. I have never noticed her before and most of the people here.
"Easy" she smirked and I turned away from her. I was about to ask Asher what goes on here when Mr Lance's voiced boomed through the whole class. "I am sure you guys are familiar with the rules but I am going to go over it again. Make this two hour worth it and read your books. I appreciate no talking, just optimum concentration on the book you are reading" he said and walked to his seat. That sounded easy so I brought out my math note.
He drank from a mug and focused his attention on a book.
I concentrated on my book and glanced around a few times. Everyone had a book on their table but I wasn't sure they were actually reading it. Asher had his sketchbook on the table and was drawing something. I couldn't see it from my seat and made a mental note to check it later.
"I have to go to the bathroom real quick" the teacher said quickly and walked out.
"You see that guy over there" Asher moved his seat forward and pointed to a guy sitting at a corner. He had a lot of tattoos visible from his black T-shirt.
"He usually puts laxative in Mr Lance's  coffee to get him out. We enjoy the free time. You get to use your phone or talk out loud. By the time the drug wears off, detention would be over" Asher explained laughing and my eyes widened.
That is mean!
I stared at the said guy to see him playing with his phone.
"Mr Lance hasn't found out yet?" I was surprised the laxative works every time. He should have figured out that there is something wrong with his coffee.
"He doesn't put it in this drink all the time. Sometimes in his lunch . How he managed to do it every time without getting caught is a mystery" Asher said and my jaw dropped open.
That is wow!
"Wow, so what do you do in the free time?" I asked and he smirked.
"Normally, I am here with Daniel and Matthew so we just do some guys stuff" he replied and I wanted to know what he meant by guys stuff.
"Yo Asher" a guy said and did the bro hug with him.
"Hi Charles, what got you here this time?" Asher said looking genuinely interested.
"I told a teacher to fuck of" he replied and my eyes widened.
"That is insane" Asher replied chuckling.
I gasped and the guy's eyes landed on me. "Why is your girlfriend here?" he asked with a playful smirk.
"Talking in class"he replied and the guy chuckled. "You are rubbing off on her" he commented and I turned back to my books. "You make it sound like I am making her do drugs with me" Asher replied and I rolled my eyes.
Detention is full of evil and undisciplined kids. How can you put laxative in a teacher's food. The boy seems unfazed. I kept staring at him and he must have noticed because he raised his head. He raised an eyebrow at me with a cold stare and I shuddered. I quickly turned back to my notes eager to get out of here.
I tuned their conversation out and focused on my reading.
"He is coming back" a girl said making me look up. I watched her scurry off to her seat. I didn't even see that someone was on the lookout for the teacher.
Everyone pretended to be so engrossed in their study as he entered the class. He scanned the class with a frown and a look that probably says I know one of you is responsible for this and I am going to fish the person out.
The bell rang and I quickly packed my things. I walked out and waited for Asher to join me. "It wasn't so bad right?"he asked and I just gave a small smile.
There was a thick tension in that class that put me on the edge for the whole two hours. I am never getting detention again.
How was it? - Am
Remind me to never get detention again - S.
What happened? - Ag
Bad kids everywhere- S
You are exaggerating. There are some good kids there like you - Am
Did you know about the teacher's toilet issues? - S
Eww - R
I entered the car still holding my phone in my hand.
Yh! Scar always does something - Am
Scar! The name really does suit him.
I am not judging him or anyone but I would like to stay out of trouble.
I hope so.
I wish so.

Our perfect girl got detention. I loved the part she was exaggerating like it was a death sentence ( lmao).
How is the new year treating you all? With school starting soon?
I can't really relate with that because the college I got in isn't starting any time soon.
Don't
       Forget  
                    To
                       Vote
                            And
                               Comment
Xoxo
~Aridah.