Chapter 3

Author's pov:

"You guys know it's her birthday today." Mata Kunti said sternly. The Pandavas nodded scared of what their mother is going to do. "You still decided to shout at her" she said glaring at Bheem. Bheem looked down guilty, Kunti didn't say anything just served them food and went out to search for Shree and the flowers with her.

She found her near the lake where she was sobbing. She went near her caressed her head, to which Mohini looked up to Kunti. Tears coming down for her, doe red eyes. Kunti sat down besides her as Mohini immediately hugged her. Sobbing in her embrace she said "Ma I just wanted to explore the city, I didn't do anything. why do they always tell me to stay here. I always feel alone here with nobody with me, I know you are with me but you understand how I feel right?" Kunti nodded understanding and said "Don't cry my child, it's ok let them com back from work. I will take care of them dare they hurt my daughter." She said trying to pacify Mohini.

"Now look I bought flowers for you just how you like it" Mohini looked up from the embrace and looked at the flowers and a small smile crept up on her face. She looked at Kunti who was smiling at her, she slowly turned around to which Kunti put flowers on hair. She turned around to know how how is looking. Kunti replied " I hope evils eye doesn't catch you." While taking black khol from her eyes and putting it under her ear. Mohini blushed.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

The whole day went by, Mohini was sad that her special day got ruined. It was night time when Pandavas came back, Bheem bought some jalebi for Mohini as he knows how she likes sweets just like him. He was bit guilty about the whole situation but in his case he thought that what he and his brother were thinking was right. Mohini shouldn't go to city it was dangerous for her, she is too much naive, what if someone takes her away from them. No thinking about it makes them get shiver down their spine.

They reached home and Mata asusual making food. But Mohini wasn't there. Arjun worriedly asked "Mata where is Shree?" "She went near the lake to some water" Mata said in a cold voice. Their mother was still bitter about the situation.

They sat down as they waited for Shree to come. Few minutes later they heard footsteps of Mohini. Mohini came inside the hut, with one pot on head and another one on side of her waist. She looked ethereal with the gajra on her hair. She looked like one Apsara is bringing Amrit for them from heaven.

'When did she get this pretty' the Pandavas thought.

Shree smiled at Kunti as put the pots down slowly. She looked at Pandavas as her smile vanished quickly. She gave them a cold glare and got up. "Where are you... going now..?" Sehedev asked a normal but it quickly turned soft as Shree glared at him. "To bring you leaves, so that you can eat" she said coldly as she turned around and stomped away.

The Pandavas looked at eachother, gulping, both the women of the house are angry at them. They are supposed to do something about it, but can't think of something. Mohini soon came back with the banana leaves and put them on the ground angrily.

She started giving them the leaf one by one without looking at them. And kept two leaves for her and Mata. "Won't you guys will be eating with us." Yuddhisthir asked, nervous. "No" me and Mata Kunti said at the same. We looked at eachother shocked but still maintaining the cold face.

The Pandavas gulped, knowing they were in big trouble. The atmosphere was thick, Bheem tried to cool it down by saying "Mohini for your birthday I bought you favourite Jalebi from Ramu Kaka". She looked at his hand and was tempted but she had to focus.

"I don't want to eat it." Pandavas were shocked, she never denies sweets at any cost. Bheem was bit sad that his gift was rejected. "Well how was your day Mohini, did you enjoy it?" Nakul whinced at his own question, how can she enjoy after what happened in the morning.

"It was wonderful! I cried for three hours and then went to sleep, till Mata woke me up to fill up the pots." She said sarcastically.

"Do you want more rice?" Mata Kunti asked coldly. "Yeah..no" Bheem suddenly feeling his appetite die.

They finished their food and threw away there leaves. Mohini and soon ate by themselves. While the Pandavas sat outside for sometime as they always do after dinner.

"Jyesth we should do something.." said Arjun worriedly, they can't bare this situation. There mother's cold behaviour and Mohini being angry just felt thousand arrows in their hearts.

"Why don't we take her with us?" Sehdev asked. Everyone looked at him with a 'are you serious' look. "Listen, we take her with us, she will play all day with the girl their and while coming back in the afternoon we will take her to the market with us. By this way she will be with us all the time without her getting lost. What do you think Jyesth?" Sehdev asked to Yuddhisthir. Yuddhisthir was considering it, he looked at his brothers, for their opinion.

Arjun and Nakul were ready, they just wanted to talk with their mother and especially Mohini. They can't take this pain anymore. But Bheem wasn't ready, he was scared for Mohini. He didn't know what the people, especially boys of her age could do to her.

"Bheem do you want this silent treatment from Mother and Shree or do you want everything to be ok?" Yuddhisthir said as a matter of fact.

Bheem was shocked with his jyesth's statement but didn't say anything. "We will take that as a yes." Yuddhisthir said. "So it's decided that Mohini will be coming with us ok?" Everyone nodded except Bheem as he was bit skeptical about it.

________________________________________________________________________

There goes the third chapter!!

Again this story that I am writing is fictional don't take it seriously.

So far I like this story, and if find any mistakes please sorry for that!

Vote and comment!!

Luv Luv 🌸