Atticus's POV

She looks up at me,when she hears the door open.she doesn't even look surprised to see me. The usual sparks in her eyes when she sees me is not there, and it bothers me to the point that I want to tell her about it.

She doesn't look happy to see me. What else should l expect after what l'd done to her?

I checked the time on my watch, wondering how long it would be before the roses arrived.

“We need to talk,” I tell her as I shut the door.

“There is plenty that I have to say to you. I listened to the voice note, and I-“

“I want a divorce”

I pause, dumbstruck. I refuse to believe that I've heard her correctly. She couldn't have possibly just asked me for a fucking divorce.

I step toward her, and she puts her hands out to stop me, "I need you to keep your distance from me, Atticus. I want to keep a clear mind when l'm giving these papers to you. I need you to sign them today."

"Autumn," l growl. "We just got married. I can't fucking divorce you."

"If you can leave me stranded so that you could go running to be there for your ex- girlfriend, you can also take the time to sign a paper, Atticus. It's not that hard. I just need your signature." She snaps.

"We're not getting a divorce. We got into this because our parents forced us. Do you think you can just say no to them now? Do you think they'll allow their names to go down in the gutter because you suddenly decided that you don't want to stay married to me?" I demand.

"Our parents don't have to know about it."She says.
"That's the whole point of it. We can stay in the same house and act like we're married, but they don't have to know anything. That way, you can keep seeing Anya whenever you like. It wouldn't be like betraying me when you leave me to run to her side anymore. It would be completely normal and the least of my worries. That way, I can also meet new people, ones who want to spend time with me, and that won't leave me to go to their ex."

What the fuck? New people?

"Autumn. Are you even fucking listening to yourself?"

I was fuming both on the inside and the out. I hated the idea of Autumn getting to know any other man but me. Why would she even propose such an idea to me? Why did she think I would ever agree to something like this?

"Our lives are already tied together. Marriage is not a fucking joke. Every second we spent in that spring was meaningful. It was a ritual meant to tie us together for life." I growl. "Why are you talking about divorce like it's nothing?"

Did all of that mean nothing to her?

"It was a joke to you, Atticus. The spring was a joke to you. Our Marriage is a joke to you, or else you wouldn't have treated me the way you did since I said I do. I'm not the one that disrespected you every step of the way. That was you. You're the one that lets everyone say the worst things about our relationship. Have you seen the articles? You should take some time to read them." She seethe.

"Oh wait let me show you, since you were busy taking care of your fucking ex girlfriend you must not have had the time. " She takes out her phone and shows me.

"Did you see this, this one was on our engagement night, when the video of you kissing her was released, This one where you hugging her, I don't even know when was it taken, may be after our engagment when you ghosted me but still went to meet her, this one when you rushed to her aide when she fainted leaving me at the altar a few seconds after I said I do to you," She shouts

"The most recent one has a lot to say about you rushing to the hospital without me after Anya almost drowned. These are not the only ones. There are hundreds of them that speak the truth about your relationship with me and your relationship with her. They say I'm a replacement in your life, the way you were with her in the yacht. everybody has seen it." She is hurt,