Autumn's POV

Anya directly looks at me, and it almost seems like she knows I'm responsible for it. Who else at this table could have done it? There weren't supposed to be any witches amongst us.

"Is that a death glare she's giving to you?" Clarissa asks in disbelief.

She attempted to confront her, but I held her hand to prevent her from making a scene. Clarissa was not afraid to stand up for herself or those close to her. I was happy to know she was this fond of me.

We were supposed to be having a peaceful dinner with the family. I didn't want to cause an uproar for everyone present, especially not in front of their parents.

"I'll take you home," Dante tells her as he puts his arms around her.

"I don't know what she's so upset about, she isn't the one that bought that dress,"Clarissa says dryly. "It was Damon who'd brought that for her, and I'm sure he will get another one now that this one got ruined."

I can tell that she's upset that Damon was the one who'd bought it for her. I knew the bracelet in her hand was gifted to her by Atticus, and it bothered me every time I had to see it on her. At least I was the one wearing the ring.

"How can someone like her be blessed with three mates all at once?" I ask. "It just doesn't seem right to me. She doesn't even appreciate them."

Clarissa nods, "She was the same way with Atticus until he married you. Now, suddenly she can't live without him. I call it bullsh!t. She's only trying to mess with you. She was never this crazy over Atticus until he was off-limits. If you ask me, Anya only wants what she can't have."

It was true. Everything she'd just said was absolutely true. I've been friends with Anya long enough to confirm it.

Something about Anya felt off to me. I wasn't able to point it out before, but there was something that stood out, and l just couldn't put my finger on it.
What was she hiding from the rest of us?

We watch as she walks away, clutching her dress, "just look at how she pushes Dante away when he's just trying to help." Clarissa points out. "How can he love someone like that? They all deserve better, I'm happy that at least Atticus could break free from her terrible hold on him, and we all have to thank you for that, Autumn."

I smile, happy that at least Clarissa was grateful I had entered Atticus's life.

"What are you girls whispering about?" Griffin asks. "Share it with the rest of us. I'm looking forward to a good story."

Clarissa shows him the finger, and Atticus's mother tells them to act mature at the table. I'm sure she was concerned if anyone would record their behavior and have it posted.

"Can someone explain to me what exactly happened here?" Atticus's father asks. "A bowl of soup doesn't just magically lift in the air and splash onto a person. That's the work of a witch."

"Someone must have been prying on us," Griffin suggests. "We're not alone in the restaurant. Maybe someone here doesn't like us or doesn't like Anya, which is understandable, but that's the only explanation I can think of."

Everyone seemed to accept his explanation for what had happened, but I hadn't. Anyone would think I was crazy for believing I was responsible for everything without any proof except that I'd got angry on her, but I knew that it was me.

I knew that power had been released from inside of me. I didn't know I was capable of this. After finishing dinner, we all got into separate vehicles to return home.

"I'm surprised you're not with Anya right now." Clarissa points out looking at Damon. "You're usually rushing to be with her whenever she is angry about something."