Damon's POV

What the fuck did I do?

I announced my engagement to Anya and ripped Clarissa’s dress from her body, all within the span of a few hours.

All she had on were lacey white panties that I couldn’t get out of my freaking mind. And her breasts.

fuck.

Clarissa has the most beautiful pair of breasts I’ve ever seen in my life. I wanted to suck on them. I wanted to play with her nipples between my fingers. I wanted to bury my face in them.

I can’t get her body out of my head. I can’t get her out of my fucking mind. She’s all that I can think about.

I know what I did was wrong. I know that I’ve crossed a line. I know it will take a lot to fix what happened. Everything in the past between Clarissa and I has been somewhat forgivable, but this time, I’d done something I should have never done.

This time, I was the one that took things to a place of no return. I was never supposed to see her like that. But I lost all damn control when she told me she was we.t for me.

I did smell her arousal. I did feel how much she wanted me. But hearing her say it had snapped something inside of me. The beast inside me had finally gotten a chance to come out and take what it wanted.

I don’t know where I got the strength to pull away from her tonight. I almost lost my mind while pacing in the room. Her scent was still on my body. I could still feel her hands in my hair.

Damn it!

I didn’t think I’d ever love someone’s hands in my hair as much as I loved hers.

I shouldn’t want her this much. I’m not supposed to want her like this. I should not fucking ache like this for her. The monster in my pants was still pulsing for a chance to be inside her.

Ah, fuck. What the hell? Why did I think of that?

I was making a mess out of my damn life. I knew that I was running from Clarissa. This marriage with Anya wasn’t happening because I wanted it to happen; I was going ahead only because it would stop whatever was happening between Clarissa and me. This wedding was a plot to get her to stop wanting me. But I think it’s done the opposite.

It worked for a second, but she was determined to change things between us; I saw it in her eyes. She couldn’t hide it from me.

Things could have been different if Anya wasn’t a part of my life; things could have been different if my family hadn’t adopted Clarissa and given her our last name.

But these things weren’t about to change anytime soon. There’s not a single chance for Clarissa and me to have anything other than a sibling relationship.

I had to make her see this. But fuck me; I was scared of the girl. Clarissa scared me.

I’ve never been terrified of anything as much as my feelings for her scared me.

It’s the reason why I kept running. To protect her from herself and me. There was only so much I could take. She kept teasing me, and today, I’d snapped. I wasn’t sure where I got the self-control to stop anything from happening between us.

Her fucking taste hasn’t left my mouth since she first k!ssed me. And I didn’t want ever to lose that taste from my memory. I didn’t ever want to forget what she tasted like. But I knew it was a taste I would remember for the rest of my life.

I spotted Dante walking into the parking lot just as I was about to leave.

He sees me, and I can see the anger and hurt still in his eyes. I’d been so concerned about Clarissa that I didn’t take the time to realize that my brother was also hurting.