Autumn's POV

"I'm on your mind?" I ask in a soft whisper.

I was no longer concerned about where we
were. I needed to know more.

His eyes are still closed, but the look on his face is one of pain.

"All the time." He confesses. "More than I would like to admit to you or anyone else."

I can't control myself as I lean closer into him and gently run my fingers from his temple to his cheek.

He inhales sharply and finally opens his eyes, "Why do I feel like whatever everyone is hiding from me includes you? I think I'm going insane trying to figure out why I feel this way. As far as I know, we barely spoke to each other in the past, somehow right after the accident, everything feels different between us."

His words remind me of where we were and our complicated situation. I remove my hand and place it between my legs to prevent myself from trying to touch him again.

I gasped when he grabbed my hand and placed it back on his cheek.

He narrows his eyes and pins me with his gaze, "Things aren't the same. I can feel it. It bothers me that no one is willing to tell me why I feel this way? Why everyone are keeping secrets from me? Are you also the one who is keeping secrets like everyone else?

I can't look away even if I want to. I'm locked in his gaze. Unable to move an inch. I want to tell him the truth, I desperately want him to know we're married.

But I promised Clarissa that I wouldn't say anything. It wasn't just because of the promise. I was scared of how he would react if he found out the truth.

He was practically stuck in the past, he was the same Atticus who was only obsessed with making Anya happy. I knew Atticus well. I wouldn't be able to control my emotions if I told him the truth, and if he still chose to keep Anya in his life over me.

I needed more time. I needed time to remind him of us before I finally broke the truth to him. I'm not only doing this for me but for him as well. He may think he's ready to know the truth. But everyone else knows that this wasn't the right time for him to find out that we're married.

Atticus gets a message on his phone, and he immediately looks at Anya, who's glaring at him. He gives her an apologetic look before putting more space between us. This was exactly what l was scared about, him pushing me away because of Anya. I already been through that once, I didn't want it to happen again.

He didn't try to speak to me again for the rest of the class, and I don't know whether to be relieved or sad because of it.

I should be happy that Clarissa was right. Even if Atticus didn't remember our times together as a married couple, he could still feel the connection between us. His reaction to me, as well as the questions that he'd asked, was enough to confirm this for me.

It would make my work plenty easier. I still had a chance to bring him back to me. I just had to do things carefully without hurting him.

Now it was time to slowly remind him of what we had. It wouldn't be easy, and I knew that Anya would keep trying to push us apart, but I wouldn't give up. Atticus was everything to me. I was not going down without a fight.

Whatever Anya threw my way would not discourage me from doing what I needed to do
to get him back. However hard she tried to separate us, I would make it my business to try even harder.

She would not win this fight. I would not let her take him from me this time. She had him once, and I'd let it happen, if I had shown my interest earlier, maybe Atticus would have been mine sooner. I wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

Anya's POV

I couldn't believe that Autumn was indeed back. I was hoping that yesterday was a dream, not a dream, a nightmare. I was sure that she was gone from our lives for good after she went missing for days.