Autumn's POV

From the moment Atticus and I stepped into the Academy, all eyes were on us. I'm guessing That they all expected to see him with Anya.

They were all in for a shock, especially since he held my hand in his as we walked through the hallway.

When we reach my locker, Atticus surprises me as he leans into me, trapping me against the locker and him.

What was he trying to do in front of everyone?

"Everyone is looking," I whisper.

I needed to remind him that we were in public surrounded by many people. And everyone was indeed still looking at us. They hadn't stopped
since we stepped into the hallway together.

"And?" he asks, not the least bit bothered.

What did he mean by that? How could it not bother him that they were staring at us?

"What are you doing?" I ask as I try not to look around us nervously.

It may be easy for him to Ignore everyone else, but it wasn't for me.

"I want to remember you." He says brushing his lips slightly againstmine. "I want to do everything we did in the past, I want to try everything possible to remember every second I spent by your side."

My breath hitches, it's the last thing I expected him to say. Why did he choose now? when we were in front of so many people, to tell me something like this?

"They're still looking," I whisper.

"Let them look." He growls. "I'm allowed to kiss my wife."

I don't have time to ponder his words as his lips cover mine. His kiss was rougher than last night, and I wrapped my arms around his neck for the support as my legs felt jelly. I needed his support to keep myself standing.

I wanted him to remember me, also. Every single second we spent together was special to me.I didn't want those memories to be gone for good. But so far, there were no signs that Atticus remembered anything from our marriage before the accident.

"They're taking pictures." I gasp between his k!sses.

"I don't fucking care." He growls. "l want them to."

He swallows my next words as he deepens the kiss, and all I can do is hold onto him.

He wanted them to take pictures of us kissing. Why?Was he intentionally doing this in front of everyone? Did he have a purpose for it?

"Why?" I ask, almost breathlessly, as he moves from my lips to my neck.

"Because I want the news to spread. I want them to treat you like a Fawn, like my wife, I want them to respect and protect you. I want them to know that what I had with Anya is over, even if I can't remember our marriage. This is the best way to get all of that done."

He tells me as he nibbles my jaw and his lips move to my mark. I gasp when he bites down on it, "I want them to know that you're my mate. I don't remember marking you. All the feelings were there,
and it was the only reason I had a clue-my scent on you. My feelings for you. The way I couldn't walk into a room without wanting to pick you up and have my way with you, it all shouted the truth to me, but I kept thinking that something had to be Wrong."

Even I didn't understand how our bond worked.
At first, I thought that Anya was his mate, but I had no idea when that changed. All of the feelings were there for me, but nothing made sense.

Damon and Dante were still mates with her, then why did Atticus bond with her break? That wasn't something that could easily happen.

I gasped when he leaned forward and kissed my forehead, "I'm sorry for not recognizing you as my wife sooner."