𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟺𝟶

〖✧〗𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟺𝟶 - "𝚆𝙾𝚄𝙻𝙳 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚈?"

『#5: "Would you stay till the morning light?" 』

〖✧〗𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙽𝙴𝚇𝚃 𝙳𝙰𝚈...

As everyone was eating breakfast, they were suddenly surprised by Mr. Charles early announcement that his guest Lawrence would be stay for a little while in their mansion with them and he'll be their special guest for the upcoming New Year's Eve party.

Abigail was surprised about it but she felt a sense of comfort when he looks into her eyes, Cynthia and her daughter Sandra were also surprised by the sudden announcement but they felt like something was off.

"Thank you for having me, Mr. Charles.", Lawrence said as he smiled brightly at him. When they finished eating breakfast, Abigail heads back to the library and finish her tasks as a caretaker.

As she was organizing some of the books in Mr. Charles office, Lawrence stood behind her and watched her do her work quietly. Abigail sighed in defeat as soon as she felt his presence behind her.

"I can't believe you'll be staying here for a little while.", Abigail said as she crossed her arms with an upset look on her face.

"Isn't that what you want?", Lawrence asked. Abigail shooks her head slowly that made him even worried, he then took a step closer and breathes in.

"If it's not something what you want, it's what you need the most.", Lawrence said firmly. This time, his words made Abigail turn around and looked into his golden eyes that could only make her soften up.

"You don't want to be alone, I know you don't.", he said as he looked at her with a softened gaze. Abigail can't say anything about it since he was right, he sighed and slowly embraced her gently in his arms.

Abigail sheds a tear as she accepted his warm embrace on her body, she felt comfortable once again. Lawrence then smiled warmly at her as he made her comfortable from all her worries, when Cynthia entered the room, she was surprised when she saw Abigail doing her job diligently by serving Lawrence a cup of coffee while he reads a book since he's a guest.

Cynthia shrugged it off as she walks away, Lawrence suddenly broke character and chuckled.

"What's so funny about this?", Abigail asked.
"You're doing things just to hide from her.", he replied.

Abigail scoffed at him as she rolls her eyes and went to her working desk, she suddenly started yawning and Lawrence immediately noticed.

"Have you slept well last night?", he asked.
"No, I didn't.", Abigail answered.

Lawrence thought for a moment and followed her as she sat in front of the table, he sat down and rested his head on her shoulder while she reads a book. It was a good thing that the library place is too quiet to make any disturbances.

For the first time, Abigail felt peaceful as she tasted the sound of silence within the room. Her thoughts wander as she reads the book, Lawrence softly smiled while he pretended to sleep on her shoulder.

[ . . . ❤︎ . . . ❤︎ . . . ❤︎ . . . ❤︎ . . . ❤︎ . . . ]

〖✧〗𝙻𝙰𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙰𝚃 𝙽𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃...

When Abigail was walking pass through a hallway, she stopped for a moment as she gazed upon the beautiful starry night sky outside the mansion. She then noticed Mr. Charles passing through, she immediately excused herself as she walks away after passing through him.