Chapter 81

This summer was filled with pain, torment, unwillingness, and despair in Gu Yang’s memory.

For Gu Yang, who didn’t know he would be reborn in Fan Yuan’s world after death, death meant the end.

Even though he woke up again in “Fan Yuan,” he didn’t want to dwell on this summer.

But it seemed that fate enjoyed playing tricks, allowing Gu Yang to lose focus while lighting the match, ultimately leading him and Fan Yuan to this dream world.

Not only did Gu Yang have to experience this terrifying torment again, but Fan Yuan also had to witness his departure.

Gu Yang’s will was somewhat diminished. He forced a smile in front of his parents when they came to visit, but when he was alone, he curled up in bed, enduring the pain.

Every day, Fan Yuan would take Gu Yang for a walk downstairs. If it weren’t for Gu Yang’s illness, it would have been a beautiful summer.

Sunny days with little rain, pleasant temperatures, a clear blue sky without a cloud for miles.

Gu Yang leaned on Fan Yuan and walked slowly with him on the grass beneath the hospital.

Compared to the surroundings, Gu Yang was more curious about the present Fan Yuan.

The dream world had brought Fan Yuan directly into his early twenties, and he was much taller than the eighteen-year-old Fan Yuan. Walking beside Fan Yuan, Gu Yang appeared even thinner and smaller.

Breaking the silence between them, Gu Yang put his hand into the pocket of Fan Yuan’s white coat and walked up to him, gesturing to the height difference between them.

“Fan Yuan, you’re so tall! I wonder if there’s any special connection between this dream world and the real world. Maybe in the future, you really will be this tall!”

Fan Yuan’s black eyes calmly watched Gu Yang without answering his question. He simply reached out and wrapped his arm around Gu Yang’s waist, pulling him close.

“Gu Yang, you know this is just a dream. I’ll be with you, always.”

The smile on Gu Yang’s face slowly stiffened and disappeared. He took a deep breath and pressed his forehead against Fan Yuan’s chest.

“I know, I know. It’s just a dream after all. When I wake up, it will be over.”

Fan Yuan didn’t say anything more. He simply bent down and held Gu Yang tightly, supporting Gu Yang’s bent legs with his hands, allowing Gu Yang to wrap his arms around his neck. They slowly circled the hospital’s lawn like this.

A tall, handsome man held a frail, weak young boy with tenderness and gentleness as they walked around the hospital. This scene attracted the attention of many people, but Fan Yuan and Gu Yang didn’t care.

Until Gu Yang’s body started to tremble slightly and the repeated intense pain struck again, Fan Yuan took him back to the hospital room.

As soon as they returned to the room, the medical staff rushed in to provide pain relief and sedation for Gu Yang, futile attempts to alleviate his suffering.

Everyone knew that these painkillers and sedatives couldn’t be used excessively as they had strong side effects.

But for a young boy with little time left in his life, the side effects seemed to lose their meaning. At least with these medications, he could have a slightly easier time during his remaining time.

After enduring the intense pain, which seemed to strike endlessly, Gu Yang laid exhausted on the hospital bed. His mind was empty, and he even lacked the energy to think.