kidnapped?

Vihaan slowly opened his eyes, groggily taking in the opulent surroundings of his luxurious bedroom

Vihaan slowly opened his eyes, groggily taking in the opulent surroundings of his luxurious bedroom. He stretched, yawned, and swung his legs over the side of the bed, his feet sinking into the plush carpet.

After a quick shower and dressing in his signature black attire, he walked out onto the balcony, sipping his coffee and gazing out over the city skyline. His mind wandered to Mayra, and today's meeting to finalize their collaboration. He couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement and anticipation.

As he stood there, lost in thought, his phone buzzed with a text from his assistant, reminding him of the day's schedule. He nodded to himself, took a deep breath, and headed back inside.

Downstairs, his sleek black car awaited, flanked by six identical vehicles, their drivers standing at attention. Vihaan nodded to his lead security guard, who opened the door for him.

"Good morning, sir. Safe trip to the office."

Vihaan smiled curtly and settled into the back seat, his eyes fixed on the city passing by outside. His mind was already at the office, preparing for the meeting that would change the game.

The convoy glided through the streets, a symbol of power and status, as Vihaan arrived at his company's sleek, modern headquarters. He stepped out, flanked by his guards, and strode into the building, ready to take on the day.

Vihaan sat in his throne-like boss chair, his eyes fixed on the two men who entered without knocking. Veer and Vedant, his best friends and most trusted advisors, approached him with a mixture of caution and amusement.

"Morning, Vihaan," Veer said, his voice laced with a hint of sarcasm. "We see you're still enjoying the royal treatment."

Vihaan's gaze narrowed, his expression unyielding. "What do you want, Veer? I'm busy."

Vedant chuckled. "Busy waiting for Mayra, perhaps?"

Vihaan's eyes flashed with a hint of irritation, but he remained silent, his jaw clenched.

Veer continued, "We just wanted to remind you, boss, that Mayra isn't like the others. She's... different."

Vihaan's expression turned glacial. "I'm aware of that, Veer. I can handle her."

Vedant snorted. "Oh, we're shaking in our boots, Vihaan. You're so intimidating."

Vihaan's gaze snapped to Vedant, his eyes blazing with a warning. "Watch it, Vedant. I'm not in the mood."

The two men exchanged a glance, then backed off, hands raised in surrender. "Okay, okay, boss. We'll leave you to your... anticipation."

As they exited, Vihaan's gaze returned to the door, his mind fixed on the upcoming meeting with Mayra. He was determined to make this collaboration a success, no matter what it took.

Vihaan's eyes narrowed as Veer and Vedant entered his office, their faces somber. "Well?" he asked, his tone firm.

Veer shook his head. "She didn't call us, Vihaan. We haven't heard from her at all."

Vihaan's expression darkened, his mind racing with worst-case scenarios. He was about to speak when his phone rang. He snatched it up, his voice curt. "Yes?"

"Vihaan, it's Rohan. We've got a problem." Rohan's voice was tense. "Mayra mam 's been kidnapped."

Vihaan's world stopped. He felt like he'd been punched in the gut. "What? Who?"

"We're not sure yet, but we're working on it. I'll keep you posted."

Vihaan's face turned ashen as he relayed the news to Veer and Vedant. "Mayra's been kidnapped," he said, his voice trembling with worry.

But to his surprise, Veer and Vedant remained calm, almost nonchalant. "Oh, okay," Veer said, shrugging.

Vihaan's eyes widened in disbelief. "What do you mean 'oh, okay'? We need to find her, now!"

Vedant chuckled. "Relax, Vihaan. We've got this."

Veer and Vedant exchanged a knowing glance, then started counting together. "3... 2... 1..."

Just as they finished, Vedant's phone rang. He answered, and a sly smile spread across his face. "Hey, lioness . How's it going?"

Vihaan's eyes nearly popped out of his head. "Mayra?! Is that...?"

Veer and Vedant's grins grew wider as they listened to Mayra's voice on the other end of the call. And then, they asked the question that left Vihaan stunned: "Are the kidnappers alive?"

Half an hour later,

Mayra walked into Vihaan's office, a hint of a smile playing on her lips. Vihaan, still looking worried, immediately enveloped her in a tight hug.

"Thank God you're safe," he whispered, his voice laced with relief.

Veer and Vedant exchanged a curious glance, wondering how Mayra would react to Vihaan's sudden display of affection.

Mayra's words hung in the air like a whispered secret. "If it was five years ago, I would have hugged you back... but not now."

Vihaan's eyes widened, a pang of regret piercing his chest. He realized too late that Mayra's gaze had turned icy, her voice laced with a subtle venom.

She broke free from his embrace, her movements graceful and calculated. Veer and Vedant welcomed her into their fold, enveloping her in a warm hug.

Vihaan watched, feeling like an outsider, as Mayra's mask slipped back into place. The girl he once knew was hidden, replaced by this enigmatic woman who seemed to hold her emotions in a tight grip.

He remembered the pain he had caused her five years ago, the scars he had left on her heart. Now, Mayra was in control, her guard up, and Vihaan was left to confront the damage he had done.

The weight of his regret was crushing, a heavy burden he couldn't shake off. He knew he had to make amends, to prove himself worthy of her trust once more. But as he gazed at Mayra, he wondered if he was already too late.