trying hot chocolate

You were shocked. Your Girlfriend had just confessed to you that she never had a real hot chocolate before only having tried it with this premade cocoa powder. You couldn't let this continue anymore so you were determined to make her a hot chocolate. There was nothing better than coming home after a long day in the winter and making yourself a nice hot chocolate. It was practically your like your life depended on it in winter. Since it was winter, you decided to make her a hot chocolate now. You need to run to the store first as you hadn't had cocoa powder in stock in your pantry.

"Do you need to go?" Your girlfriend asked.
"We were just cuddling so nicely." She pouted as you put on your shoes.
"Yes, I need to. I can't have you not having tried hot chocolate anymore. It's literally the best thing and we've been living together for two years, how come you never tried one with me?!" You asked confused.
"I dunno. I guess I just wasn't in the mood for it when you were."
"It will change your life, I promise."
And with that, you were out the door.

You rushed to the store and got all the ingredients, deciding for mini marshmallows and whipped cream as a topping. You also wanted to be at home with your girlfriend again.

Soon you opened the door to your apartment again and saw your girlfriend sitting at the kitchen counter.
"There you are again." She smiled looking up.
"Here I am again." You chuckled.
"Ok, let's get started." You said.
"Need any help she asked, hugging you from behind when you were just putting the milk into a pot on the stove.
"Nah, I think I made it often enough." You said.
"I wasn't doubting that." She whispered.

When the milk was hot enough you carefully put the unsweetened cocoa powder and some sugar into the pod, mixing it all together.
You let the sugar dissolve for a few minutes and then turned the heat off.
Careful not to burn your hands you slowly poured the hot chocolate into two mugs.

You were just finishing the last touches when you felt arms around your waist again.
"This looks great." She whispered as you sprinkled some of the marshmallows on top of the whipped cream.
"It will be great." you whispered back.

You got to the kitchen counter, setting the steaming hot cocoa down and giving your girlfriend a quick peck while sitting down on one of the barstools. "It's even better when you're cuddled up under a blanket and wearing a cozy hoodie." You said. "But this will have to do."
"It's amazing thank you." She said.
"Now go on, try it." You encouraged.

Slowly and careful not to burn herself she took a small sip of the liquid.

A smile creeped up on your face as you saw her eyes lit up. She immediately took another sip of the cocoa.
"IT'S FREAKING AMAZING." She jumped up and down.
"I'm glad you like it. Now we can have hot chocolate dates." You smirked.
"Obviously we can." She smirked and kissed you.

The evening ended with you guys cuddled up in bed and drinking your second cup of the hot chocolate. While watching Christmas movies.

---------
552 words
Let me know how you like it so far! :)