true to word

You and your girlfriend were a fantastic couple. People shipped you moths before you even got together. Everyone was sure that there was something going on between you two and when you made it official, everyone was over the moon.
To be honest you always have had a little crush on her, you just didn't want anyone to know, especially when the crush wasn't there anymore, replaced by having fallen in love.

It took you so much to actually confess and ask her out but to no one's except your surprise, she confessed she had been feeling the same for a while.
Since then, you have gone on endless dates, kissing each other with so much love and staying over at each other's houses.
You developed an incredible bond and such an unbelievable depth in your relationship.

One day, you were laying on your back, having just picnicked with lots of your and her favourite things. She was laying half on top of you with her head in the crook of your neck.

"You know, one day I'm gonna marry you."

She suddenly whispered, leaving a kiss behind your ear and on your cheek in the meantime.

These words caught you off guard. You felt your heart swell and a smile forming on your lips while you had little happy tears in your eyes.
"What?" You chuckled in a breathless whisper.

"One day, I'm gonna marry you." She said confidently.

Your smile got even wider. You wrapped your arms around her and rolled around with her in your arms, squealing and letting little kisses rain onto her face. Once you came to her lips you slowed down and pressed a gentle kiss to them.

"I love you. I can't wait to marry you." You said after pulling away a bit, your noses still touching.

"Good, because I can't have you saying no when I ask you. I love you too." Your girlfriend chuckled. 

From then on, your girlfriend reminded you every single day that will marry you one day.
And everyday you gave her the same answer. "I can't wait."

Two years of consistently telling later, she finally asked you. The same place we're she promised you to marry her the first time, with the same food and the same blanket underneath you two nad you responded with the same sentence while tears were streaming down your face.

"I can't wait."
With that you pulled her up again and got lost in a passionate kiss.

When you told your friends and family, they weren't shocked, honestly they all thought they would have attended your wedding a year ago or so.

------------
Now that the day finally came, you were quite nervous. You were standing in your wedding dress, in a suite you've never been in and checking yourself in the mirror.

"You look beautiful, she will love it." Your mother came up behind her.
"I hope so, I want to be perfect for her." You said.
"You were always perfect to her, no matter what you wear." Your mother assured you and you believed her. Honestly, you wouldn't dare to think otherwise. She always complimented you and reassured you when you felt insecure. It was like she was looking at you with heart eyes and she could never tear her eyes off of you.
You knew she truly loved you and she knew you loved her. You told her everyday.

When you were both finally standing on the little podest, not being able to look away from each other, she began with her speech.

"When I first met you, I never thought we would come this far. I realized quickly, that I had a giant crush on you but I never had the courage to ask you out so when you did, it was one of the best things someone ever asked me.
When I promised you I would marry you, I felt myself bloom. I was never so sure of something in my entire life and today is the day I will prove to you my love and keep my promise. Because I love you. I will replace my soon fullfilled promise with another promise.
I promise to love you forever, no matter what happens. I will always kiss you and hold you if you need me. I will be there for you in good and in bad times. I will never leave you."
She said, tears now recognisable in both of our eyes.

Now it was my turn.
"When I was younger, I always dreamed of being happy. With you, I found that happiness and while laying on this blanket after you made your promise, I couldn't think of anything I would want more in my life.
I always wanted you and I will always want you. I love you and I am the happiest person alive with you keeping your promise.
As you know, I responded the same to your words over the years and I want to do the same today.
I can't wait. I can't wait to spend my eternity with you, I can't wait to have kids with you and I can't wait to love you more than I already do."

After that, both of you had tears running down your face.
After some time, it was time to say yes.
Both of you answered without hesitation. A clear "Yes!" was heard from both of you.

"You may now kiss each other." The official said.
Kissing was a problem since both of you had wide smiles plastered on the face but somehow you still managed to kiss in the most heartwarming kiss.

You couldn't wait to share so many more...

---------

945 words. Tell me what you think!