back in the past

Today was the day your parents would meet your girlfriend, Sara. You guys would stay at your parents house for two days and celebrate your birthday with everyone.
You were really excited to show your girlfriend, the love of your life, where you grew up but to say Sara was nervous was an understatement. For weeks now she had been asking you, if you guys needed to bring something or what to wear, if they would like her or if they would be welcoming or not.

It was slowly but surely driving you and her insane. You always said not to stress about it as your parents were really kind and caring people but she still stressed out about everything.

---time skip---

You guys sat in the car. You were just driving to your parents house which was about a two hour ride when you saw Sara's knee going up and down.
You placed your hand on her thigh, stopping her movements.
"Don't stress about it." You said. It was probably the sentence you used the most around her for the last two weeks.
"But I do. What if they don't like me or what if-" she couldn't speak further as you had come to a stop at the side of the road and kissed her softly.
"Don't worry they will love you and if you make a bad first impression they will forgive you because of the whine you brought." You chuckled, knowing that this was your parents favourite wine. You also had told them a lot about Sara already and they liked her because she made you happy, no matter what she would do.
"Okay." She mumbled but you could feel her nervousness.
"It's gonna be okay." You whispered and put on loud music to lighten up the mood.

It worked and both of you started to sing along to the songs you had chosen.
The time seemed to fly by quickly and before you knew it, you parked your car in front of your childhood home.

"Welcome to the house I grew up." You said and kissed her neck lightly.
"I'm still nervous." She answered.
"You will do great." You said and led her out of the car, your hand always intertwined with hers to subtle her nervousness.

Before you could even knock the door was already swung open and your girlfriend was embraced in a tight hug by your mother.
"Sara, so nice to finally meet you!" She exclaimed.
"Nice to meet you too Mrs. Tyler."
Sara said, standing stiff, but soon relaxing a bit.
"Oh, please, call me Catherine." Your mother said.

"Hey kiddo." Your dad came up behind your mother.
"Hey dad, long time no see." You greeted while embracing him in a hug too.
After hugging your mum too and your dad greeting Sara you got inside.
Your parents had already prepared a big part of dinner which they got out of the oven while  you and Sara got the plates and cutlery and put it on the dining table.

"See, they like you." You whispered while you were alone.
"Yeah, guess I worried too much." She whispered back.
"Yeah, you did." You smiled.

Soon you were all sat at the dining table together, enjoying the meal your parents had made and the wine that Sara brought.
"This is delicious Catherine and George." Sara said, addressing both of your parents with their first names as wished.
"Wait until you try the dessert." Catherine winked.
And you did exactly that while being happy that your parents and your girlfriend got along with each other.
As soon as your mother brought out the dessert you squeaked in excitement.
"My favourite!" You smiled.
"Your favourite." Your dad answered.
"Thank you!" You thanked them and immediately dug into the dessert, earning a slight chuckle from your girlfriend.

"What?" You asked, while stuffing your mouth.
"Nothing, it's just adorable." Sara said.
You shared a moment just looking into each other's eyes when suddenly someone cleared their throat.
"We're still here y'know." Your dad laughed.
Both of you began blushing.
"Um, yeah, sorry." You apologized and stuffed your face with the dessert again.

After dinner both of you helped your parents clean up and soon everyone went to bed after having talked a bit more.

You went to your old room and got changed, quickly going to the bathroom to brush your teeth. When you got back, your girlfriend was already lying in your bed. You climbed in beside her and cuddled her, letting her lay her head on your chest and wrapping your arms around her.

"Today was amazing thank you." She whispered.
"No problem love, I wanted you to meet my parents for so long."
"I love you." She answered.
"I love you too and I can't wait to show you how my childhood was tomorrow." You whispered back before kissing her forehead and falling asleep peacefully.

-----------------
820 words
Hope you enjoyed!