30 | A World Of Chaos

Hello!! Hiii!  Oooh how i've missed this :)  I've got a more emotional little message at the end but i know better than to drawl on here... when there's a chapter to read... so, let's do this ;)

Chapter 30: A World I F*cking Love

Luke's POV

My lips lingered on her chapped lips, not about to pull away from this girl in a chicken suit.

But I should've known better.

Minnie has a way of making me fall into her world of chaos. A world I f*cking love, but my instincts are better than this.

"Am I high or are you kissing a chicken, Luke?" Austin tilted his head one way and then tilted it another, "Why are you kissing a chicken?"

I should really ask myself the same thing.

I pulled away from my chicken, drawing the back of my hand to my wet mouth and cursed.

How can it be this hard for us to be together? Do I need to pull her into the supply closet-

"Jimminy cricket, he's seen us!" Minnie flapped her chicken wings next to me, "What do we do?"

Nothing. This whole idea was nuts to begin with.

"Don't turn around," I told her, ignoring whatever the first part of her sentence was, "Just don't turn around."

As if she ever listens to me.

I had 10 seconds to fix this before my fake-real-girlfriend-in-a-chicken-costume was going to do something wild.

Austin asked me from further away, with big brown eyes full of disappointment, "What happened to you, man?"

Great, now Austin thinks I'm cheating on my girlfriend.

I handed Millie her chicken head, praying she would put it on quickly.

The L's I take for this girl.

"Can you go back inside?" I asked him, trying to keep his attention on me.

"I wasn't inside," he answered.

The two of them are just so unhelpful sometimes.

Minnie put the chicken head back on.

"Are you going to tell Millie about this?" Austin asked, thrown off by the giant chicken suit to realize she was right here with us.

"We've broken up so..." I thought about it, "No."

Millie raised her wings to stabilize her chicken head next to me.

"Then what am I going to tell her?" Austin asked.

"Nothing."

"I can't lie to her."

"You can," I said, surprised he would even say that. It's me. Of course he can f*cking lie.

Millie flapped her winged arms next to me.

Yeah, I'm sure the bird is happy.

And that's when the gym doors burst open once again, knocking into Austin who was still standing too close to it. He stumbled forward before collecting himself and putting his hand over the newfound pain on his shoulder.

Behind him, Chad, O'Conner and Arturo came rushing through.

"Get the bird!" Chad yelled out, with so much energy from sitting on the bench this whole game.