Class selection (112)

So it seemed that an upgraded version of Soulcery was what had come out of the fusion between that and the skill Kai had received while he was unconscious.

But what skill had it fused with? What skill could have possibly boosted Soulcery all the way up to Epic rarity?

Soul Manipulation, obviously.

The answer was very obvious, Soul Manipulation was what he had been offered alongside Soul Flame and Soul Link. It was also Epic rarity itself, so it made sense that Soulcery became Epic after it fused with it.

Yet Kai couldn't help but feel slightly giddy at the prospect of his upgraded Soulcery, this was his first Epic rarity skill after all, an Epic skill had to be stronger than a common skill, right? If it wasn't, it just seemed like it would be kind of scammy.

So what better way to find out than by just reading the description of the skill.

[Soulcery (Epic)]

Every journey begins with a single being, yet can be influenced by those around them. Allows the user to passively influence the souls of those around them. User is able to repair souls based on the rank of their own soul and the amount of Mana they posses. User is able to manipulate certain aspects of souls that can grow as the users proficiency and skill improves. Grants the user a small boost with anything to do with their own soul.

Kai giggled like a child on Christmas when he read the description of the skill. All of that sounded pretty good, but the only strange part was that it had basically erased the previous description and replaced it with something completetly different. There was no more mention about a long dead god founding it, or how there's countless branches of the skill.

He was obviously kind of curious about the god that had created this skill, and the fact that The Ever-changing had decided to give it to him, but he could probably just ask the next time he met his master.

But that left another question in Kai's mind, was this branch of the skill he had ended up with any good?

Sure, the fact he was able to repair his soul meant he would be able to push himself more than the average person, but that wasn't something he wanted to do often.

Even though it bad been a few days since Failure had possessed his body, his soul still stung from the aftermath, a way of showing that getting a much higher level being to posses you without the help of a Miracle Bead was an absolute no go, a surefire way of death.

And even if Kai somehow found another Miracle Bead, there would be no way to use it, considering that there was a one thousand year cooldown for the user.

Which, now that Kai thought about it, didn't actually seem that long. If gods were able to live for millions, billions or even trillions of years, what's to stop them from having a stockpile of Miracle Beads on standby? A thousand years to them was probably like a month to Kai.

Then again, it could be like the items Kai possessed, incredibly useful and powerful at this current stage, but would slowly grow weaker as time went on and Kai grew. Maybe Miracle Beads were the same, they just couldn't influence gods the same way they could influence a level twenty-two in a tutorial.

Still, Kai was more than happy with the skill. It allowed him to repair some of the injuries that his soul could have, manipulate certain aspects of his soul, which Kai assumed that it just meant that Statshifting would be ever so slightly easier. It also gave a small boost to anything to do with his own soul, so maybe Statshifting would actually be a lot easier now, opening up even more options for Kai.

Kaiser of the New WorldOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara