Chapter 26

A moment later, the Elder returned from his stroll outside. minji immediately complained to him. “Grandfather, Cousin-in-law instructed someone to make maria, your maid, blind! I told him that maria is your personal maid and that he ought to give you some face, but Cousin-in-law refused!”

“Oh?” Elder Jeon lifted his face. His wrinkled features appeared slightly stern.

“Grandfather, though maria is only a maid, she served you personally for many years. Normally, she is also rather intelligent and capable.” minji put on a compassionate act.. “Even if she made Cousin-in-law upset, it’s still a little too much to blind her.”

“Why is it too much?” jinyeong was unmoved. “tae is my Jeon family’s proper grandson-in-law. He has the right to manage the Jeon family’s servants however he likes.”

Minji did not expect the Elder to be this biased towards taehyung. She was angered to the point where she felt like vomiting blood. However, she put on a fake smile. “Grandfather is right.”

Jinyeong seemed to have thought of something and frowned unhappily. “minji, in the future, don’t carelessly accuse your cousin-in-law of crossing the line. An outsider like you does not have the right to judge the Jeon family’s matters. Do you understand?”

“Grandfather…” minji did not expect the old thing to say this. The anger in her heart immediately worsened.

Jinyeong took in the dissatisfaction on her face. His expression immediately turned cold. “Previously, when I was nearly stabbed by minho, it was your cousin-in-law who sent someone to protect me. Furthermore, your aunt boah's life was also saved by taehyung. In the Jeon family, tae is an important benefactor of ours and no one has the right to insult him.”

“I understand.” minji lowered her head.

Jinyeong seemed to guess that she was upset. “If you’re not happy about this, haven’t you already found your blood relative? I believe that Old Kang will welcome you at his home. You can leave anytime you please.”

Minji urgently declared. “It’s true that my grandfather, is happy to welcome me. But I’m not someone who will forget about the kindness others have shown me. It was the Jeon family that raised me. The Jeon family will always be my home.”

Her fanciful words sounded sincere. Truthfully, however, hyunsoo had only given her two million dollars and bought her some clothes and accessories. She had not received anything else from him.

That Old Kang had even stopped her from stepping into the Kang Group’s management.

It was different staying in the Jeon home. Every month, she had a significant sum of pocket money. Every season, she also received clothes and make-up… Every three to five years, she got a new car.

It wasn’t as if the Kang family would run away. There was no harm in holding onto the both of them and receiving twice the benefits.

Besides, remaining in the Jeon family was the only way of growing close to jungkook.

Otherwise, it was nearly impossible to obtain any opportunities to meet jungkook.

Minji glanced surreptitiously at taehyung.

She wouldn’t be as foolish as the stupid jennie who seduced jungkook without knowing her own worth.

She would only have the opportunity to become Madam Jeon after thoroughly eliminating taehyung, who was the greatest obstacle in her path.

She refused to believe it. If taehyung died, would jungkook possibly die with him?

She had countless vicious thoughts, yet she spoke apologetically to taehyung on the surface. “I’m sorry, Cousin-in-law. I was a little disrespectful earlier. I shouldn’t have been so compassionate to the point where I even tried to stand up for the maid.”