Chapter 12

Demi's pov

I walked down the stairs with my bag, ready for school.

"Didn't I tell you this would happen? Smith is using you to get back at me. And I apologize, Demi, because it's not your fault."

"What do you want me to do, dad? It's Smith's team."

"No it's not. Smith didn't understand when I was playing for him. And he doesn't get it now. This is your team, not his. What position do you want to play?"

"I think I'm stronger at shooting guard."

"I agree. So if this new kid's taking your position, she's no longer your teammate. She is your opponent. And how do we defeat an opponent? Identify weaknesses and attack them." He said.

------------

"Look, you girls are the ones I feel sorry for." I said, talking to my teammates about the situation. "Me? I'm going to get my minutes. You girls have been busting your asses since the junior leagues. You finally get a shot, and Smith gives a starting spot to this kid? It's not right. If you ask me, she shouldn't even be on the team."

"What are we gonna do?"

"We are going to make her earn it. Make her suffer like we did." I finished as (Y/n) walked into the locker room.

-------

(Y/n)'s pov

I walked into the locker room, and saw everyone dressed as they all turned towards me. Demi looked like she was leading a group talk thing with the team, but I don't even care. I walked over to my locker to find it wet. The locker was dripping water and had a puddle on the floor. I opened it up to find all my practice clothes completely drenched and unwearable. Most of the team started cracking up and Demi was the only one to say something.

"It's only going to get worse, dude." She said as they all walked out the locker room. Zendaya stayed behind and went over to open her locker.

"So the hazing begins...right on schedule." She smiled, but stopped to sniff the air. "Can you smell the desperation?"

I cracked a smile as she laughed, and handed me her extra clothes.

"We all went through it. Hang in there."

"Thanks." She nodded.

"What happens if we haze her and she doesn't go away?" I heard a teammate ask Demi during a layup drill.

"With what I've planned, she will."

"What if she doesn't?"

"If she doesn't, I've got a backup plan."

---------------

Demi's pov

I walked into the tutoring center, where I knew I could find (Y/n)'s best friend, Ally.

"Hey." I walked over to her with a smile.

"Can I help you?" She said, sounding a little rude and sarcastic.

"Well, I hope so. You are my tutor." She scoffed at my reply.

"Yeah right. I don't think so." She said.

"You are Ally, right?" I asked as I looked at the paper in my hand. She took it from me and frowned as she read it.

"I'm sorry. I'm best friends with (Y/n)."

"Well, then I'm sorry, too." She rolled her eyes at my answer.

"I'll find you somebody else." She said as she rolled her eyes.