Chapter 31

(Y/n)'s pov

"Hey, mom. Hey Keith." I said, out of breath, when I walked into the café. "Before I forget, I need new pants. I think I might go to the thing tomorrow." I said, referring to Demi and Dan's party.

"What changed your mind?" She asked.

"Well, I don't know. I mean..." I trailed off as I started blushing and put a hand behind my neck.

"Nothing really." I lied. Lauren. Lauren changed my mind, and right now I was smiling like a child.

"Okay, well tomorrow we can go first thing and buy you a new outfit." She said as Keith smirked at me, knowing Lauren changed my mind.

"Thanks, mom." I grinned even more, if possible. I ran out the café after saying bye.

--------------

Lauren's pov

"Head's up!" Camila yelled as she tossed me some lipstick from the bathroom. I caught the small tube and turned back to the mirror to finish my makeup.

"Tonight's gonna be killer." Camila said, wearing a tight red dress, as she put earrings in. "You and Demi, me and (Y/n), an open bar."

"There is no me and Demi." I said through gritted teeth. "Or a you and (Y/n) for that matter." I sassed.

"For now." She smirked. "You know, Demi is loving the idea of you coming to the party tonight."

"How do you know that?"

"She still has the hots for you. She was actually very sweet about it."

"Demi Lovato?" I asked, wondering if we were talking about the same Demi, especially if she said being sweet.

"You know you two were meant to be together." She wiggled her eyebrows before walking back to the bathroom mirror.

"That's a scary thought." I mumbled.

---------------

(Y/n)'s pov

I adjusted my shirt cuffs and tucked the hem in my pants as tapping was heard on the door.

"Ally?" I asked when I opened it.

"Hey."

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"First, I'm saving you from this shirt." I looked down at my shirt while furrowing my eyebrows. "Second, we need to talk."

"Can we do both at the same time?" I asked, already unbuttoning the shirt.

"Yeah." She said and walked over to my closet, looking for a more suitable shirt. "Uh, okay, you are not gonna like this. In fact, you're gonna hate this."

She rambled as she picked out a shirt, "But I feel like I should tell you in the interest of full friendship disclosure."

"Yeah, right. What could be worse than you tutoring Demi?" When she didn't respond, my smile dropped. "You like her."

"(Y/n), do not freak out on me, okay?" She pleaded. "I can't help it anymore than you can."

"I hate Demi!"

"I'm talking about Lauren! We don't decide who we like! It just happens!"

"Do you know what you're getting yourself into?" I questioned.

"I'm not getting myself into anything. I'm thinking about maybe getting into something that is never gonna happen anyway."

"What could you possibly like in her?"