Chapter 24

(Y/n)'s pov

Tonight was the father-daughter game, and I had just arrived to the school. I started to walk to the school from one side, as I saw Demi and Ariana walk towards school from the opposite. Ally walked up from the front, so I slowed my walking and saw Ally meet with Demi halfway. Ariana was dismissed from them, and she walked inside.

"Hey, Ally, you got a sec?" Demi asked.

"Yeah, sure. What's up?"

"Check it out." Demi smiled as she held up a test.

"An 84! That's awesome!" Ally squeeled as Demi held her arms out for a hug, which Ally accepted. Demi looked over Ally's shoulder and smirked at me when she saw me. I walked into the school once their hug broke. We all changed in the locker room, and headed onto the court. Everyone grabbed a ball and began warming up.

"(Y/n)!" I heard Ally call, but I ignored her. "Hey! (Y/n)!"

"Lovato!" She called out as Demi and I turned to her. I glared at her and watched her smile switch to a confused look. The buzzer rang out, signalling for us to get to our benches.

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, the father-daughter charity basketball game where the fathers battle the daughters, and the winners get bragging rights. Jumping center tonight for the Suns daughters is league MVP, Demi Lovato. And for the fathers, the all time leading scorer, and a member of the state championship runner up, Dan Lovato.

Demi had one foot in the circle, and one foot slightly back, as Dan walked over and got in the same position.

"Sounds like your old man got a louder applause than you did." He smirked.

"You sure your hearing aid isnt turned up too loud?" Demi smirked back. The ref walked in between them and raised the ball before tossing it up. Dan put an arm over Demi, blocking her from jumping as he swatted the ball to his own team. The fathers scored first when Dan shot a three.

Eventually, the game got to a point where we were up by 28 points, and were showing off every trick we had. We were dribbling between our legs, bouncing it off our knees and back around our legs. When I got the ball, I spun it on my fingers as Keith just laughed at me. I tossed it underhand behind the back to my teammate. She dribbled between her legs, faked her dad out, before tucking and rolling on the ground, still dribbling. Demi was passed the ball as Dan looked a little pissed.

"Don't try the crap with me, Demi." He warned as Demi smirked before dribbling the ball and then putting it under her jersey. She punched the ball, causing it to swing around to her right side and out her jersey as she kept showing off before driving for the lay up. The halftime buzzer went off as we left the court with a 30 point lead. In the kiddle off halftime as we all joked around in the locker room, Dan walked in.

"Enemy approaching." Ariana warned us.

"That's right. Enemy approaching." He said as he looked at Demi as the whole team watched. "You gonna bring your best game or what?"

"You're down by thirty, dad." She replied.

"No, I'm talking to you. You bring your best game and I'll bring mine. Then we'll see." All the laughter in the room had stopped as we witnessed the assholeness of Dan.

"See what?" Demi asked.

"We'll see who is the best, or maybe you would rather not know?" Keith walked in to calm Dan down as Demi looked saddened by her father's words.

"Hey. Come on, relax, little brother." Keith interjected.

"It's not your place."

"Well, it's not your place either, Dan." Keith said as I stood up from my seat to stand behind Demi, the team following my actions.