Chapter 28

Lauren's pov

Camila had a convertible, so I put the top down as Camila watched it in awe.  I took out my phone and tried to call someone, but there was no signal.

"Still no signal. Who the hell lives like this?!"  I yelled.

"Pop the trunk." Ally said and I pushed the button.  Camila halfway climbed out the car to whisper to me.

"Lauren, don't listen to her. It's a trap."  Ally looked for an extra gas can in the trunk.

"It's empty." She sighed as she held it up. "I saw a gas station a few miles back. If I'm not back in an hour, tell my mom I love her."

"Don't you mean Demi." Camila slurred. 

"I'll go with you." I sighed as Camila gasped.

"What about me?" She asked like a child.  I walked to the front and put the roof back up along with the windows.  I locked the car as Camila pressed her face against the back window.

"I could suffocate in here!" She screamed.

"You did crack a window, right?" Ally joked.

"Sure." I said as we laughed, Camila still yelling from behind as we started walking.

"GUUUUUUUYYYYYYYS!"

"I'M SCARED!"

"PLEEEEEEAAAASSSSSEE!"

"COME ON! COME BACK!"

"DON'T GO!"

"I'M GONNA DIE ALL ALONE!"

-----

(Y/n)'s pov

I had recieved all my clothes back, but Demi still needed her shirt and we had one key left.

"Last key. You got one thing left." Demi said.

"Give us the key and we will give you the shirt." Thing said.

"I can live without my shirt." She smirked and threw the car key into the woods. "Have fun walking."

We ran off and heard them complain behind us.

-------

Lauren's pov

"What did you mean...about Demi when you said, 'be careful'?" Ally asked.

"I just- I just know her...that's all." 

"Said the ex-girlfriend." Ally said.

"Look, I know we were crazy with drama, but I'm over it. She's not a complete waste. She's just- she feels really threatened by (Y/n). It's all a big mind game. That's how she works. Do you like her?" I said.

"Oh, we just...talk about stuff, you know what I mean?" Ally asked.

"Like what?"

"Like school or her dad-" I groaned at the mention of Dan.

"Oh, Dan. He sure did a number on his kid, right?"

"Yeah, both of them." Ally mumbled.

"You didn't answer me. Do you like her?"

"I- it doesn't matter, I mean...it would be too weird around (Y/n)."

"That's her problem. You have to live your life too."

"It just seems selfish." Ally admitted as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why, did she ask you if she could go out with me?" I asked.