Chapter Nineteen: It's Over

This is dedicated to cookiegirl136 who kept reminding me to update!! Love ya!! XD

Chapter Nineteen: It's Over

------------

"You pathetic waste of space! I didn't spend nine months with you to have you flunk out of school! You're a disgrace as a daughter! Have you no shame? Hell, if I knew you were going to be this useless, I would've aborted you! Dammit Brooklyn!"

I winced at her words, but didn't break off eye contact. I refused to show her pain. I wouldn't allow her to know how much it hurt.

-------

It had been my parents.

They had received a phone call from the hospital, explaining my surgery and had immediately flown here from Australia where they had been doing business.

Life sucks.

Now don't get me wrong, I would be ecstatic to see them here if the reason they came in the first place was to see how their only daughter was doing. Honestly, that's what normal parents do. But as they walked into the hospital room, their grave expressions gave it all away.

They weren't concerned for my well-being at all. Hell, if it wasn't for the emergency signs, they probably wouldn't have noticed their daughter was near death. Shows what kind of amazing parents I really have.

Instead of hustling into my room and showering me with hugs and kisses, they had wasted no time in kicking a shocked Remy out of the room, and beginning my lecture.

"You pathetic waste of space! I didn't spend nine months with you to have you flunk out of school! You're a disgrace as a daughter! Have you no shame? Hell, if I knew you were going to be this useless, I would've aborted you! Dammit Brooklyn!" I replayed these words in my head.

By now l had grown used to the verbal abuse and insults which would be dumped on me by my parents. After 15 years of it, you gradually begin to adapt, not to say that it didn't hurt. In fact, it stung like hell to know that my parents didn't care if I died.

Any kid had a right to feel pain if they knew and were basically reminded by the said parents, that they didn't love them.

Bowing my head to the ground, I allowed the verbal insults to sink in, not arguing my case.

"Honestly Brooklyn, you will be the death of me. How do you expect to attend school when you're lying here in the hospital wasting your life away?"

I flinched.

"Huh Brooklyn? Do you have any idea how much school work you have to catch up on just because of this stupid incident and your moronic carelessness?"

I flinched.

"I thought you were smarter than that. You're just like all these other kids. A dime a dozen. I could probably pick off a kid from the streets who had a smarter brain than you and I'm sure as hell attempted to do it!"

I blinked back tears, knowing she meant every word.

"You stupid stupid girl. Why on earth would you risk your education to save some worthless kid? Who cares if he died? Your education comes first!"

Wait...what did she say? Worthless kid?

"While we're at it, why are you hanging out with that boy? So now you're a slut and a drop-out? You disgust me Brooklyn, wasting time with these worthless incompetent creatur—"