Chapter Twenty-Four: I'm Not Faking It...Am I?

Hey guys! Sorry this took a while but I've been busy with school and Christmas plans! Here's a Christmas present from moi to yoooou!! Hope you enjoy it!! :D

------------

Chapter Twenty-Four: I'm Not Faking...Am I?

Breaking eye contact with Shawn, I fixated my gaze on the floor.

"I can't."

"What do you mean you can't?"

"I mean I can't go with you," I muttered without removing my eyes from the floor.

"Why not? It's not as if people would get the wrong idea or anything. We're just going as friends."

"It's not that...it's just..." my voice trailed off as I tried to find the right words to express what I was feeling.

"Then wha-oh, I get it. It's Remy isn't it?"

I remained silent, but he seemed to take my silence as a sign of agreement.

"Then that's exactly the reason why you should go."

My head snapped upwards as I shot him a look of bewilderment. How in the world would going to the dance with Shawn resolve my problems with Remy?

I didn't hesitate to voice my thoughts aloud.

"Think about it Brooklyn," I noticed a mischievous gleam come to Shawn's eyes, "if you're able to go to the dance and look Remy in the face. You'll prove that you're fine without him."

"But, I already have. I haven't talked to him since forever. Isn't that proof enough?" I asked, exasperated.

He quirked his eyebrows at me, seemingly not impressed.

"You're kidding right? Look Brooklyn, Cy-Cy and I aren't dumb. This whole I'm-over-Remy charade you're trying to pull off isn't working. Honestly, its obvious that you're still hurting. You can try to act like the old Brooklyn all you want, but its not going to change anything.

Avoiding Remy doesn't prove that you're fine without him. All it proves is that you're too scared to be around him. You need to go there and show him that you don't care if he's not talking to you anymore!"

"But Shawn..."

"No buts Brooklyn!" his voice softened, "I'm tired of seeing you walking around so timidly and acting so scared whenever Remy gets mentioned. It's not like you. You're better than that. So what do you say? Will you go with me?"

He gazed at me expectantly as I weighed down my options. Sighing heavily, I traced my fingers through my hair.

"Can I have more time to think about it?"