Chapter Twenty-Three part two

Nerd Gone Bad

Chapter Twenty-Three part two

---------

Brooklyn's POV

"Hey shortie, you ok?"

I sat there with my mouth gaping wide open. My hair was scattered across my face from the wild ride I had just gone through.

"Shoooorrrrrtiiiiieeeee!" Shawn whined while poking at my cheek.

Ignoring his complaints, I remained seated in my chair, too shocked to move.

After "assaulting" my cheek further and getting no response from me, he gave up and tugged me out off the chair. Dazed, I allowed him to drag me down the ramp that led to solid ground.

Still unresponsive, he dragged my body to a bench and sat me down. I heard a faint creak and knew that he had sat down next to me.

"Hey shortie, are you ok?"

I still didn't reply.

Shawn continued to complain. "Shortie, why are you ignoring me!?"

My body and lips stayed still, my eyes frozen open.

I felt a sudden chill and realized a shadow had cast itself over me. Without moving my head, my eyes rolled upwards and landed on Cy-Cy's frowning face.

I blinked blankly at her which only caused her frown to deepen.

"I knew it," she flailed her arms up in the air, "this was a HORRIBLE idea! I don't even know how you talked me into doing it!

Look at her Shawn, she's not even moving! I'd be surprised if she could even hear anything I am saying right -"

Her voice cut off as I reached my hand up and touched her hand.

"Don't say that," I whispered.

"She finally speaks!" Shawn yelled.

I heard a whack as from the corner of my eyes I saw Cy-Cy slug Shawn across the head.

"I-I, uhm. It's just that...I..." My voice trailed off as Shawn and Cy-Cy's faces now appeared in front of mine.

"You-you see...I-"

"It's ok Brooklyn," Cy-Cy interrupted me.

"Yea shortie," Shawn muttered while caressing the side of his head, "you don't have to explain anything."

Standing up from the bench, he grabbed my arms and pulled me off of the bench.

"C'mon. Let's take you home."

"No!" I yelled out.

I could feel warmth spreading through my cheeks as Cy-Cy and Shawn sent me questioning looks. I only blushed deeper as I took in the curious looks of on-lookers.

"I don't want to leave..." I mumbled under my breath.

"What did you say Brooklyn? I couldn't hear you?" Cy-Cy asked while shooting me a questioning glance.

"I said I don't want to leave." I murmured louder this time.

"We still can't hear you shortie." Making eye contact with Shawn, I noticed the gleam in his eyes and knew they had heard me the whole time.

"Hey! You heard me the whole time!"

"Oh be quiet," Cy-Cy chuckled, "it's funny when you get all flustered and embarrassed."

"She's right, it is funny," Shawn added.

Blushing furiously, I shoved passed Shawn and Cy-Cy.