Chapter Twenty-Seven

Hey guys, I accidently deleted chapter twenty six, but I just re-uploaded it in case any of you were wondering. Well here is chapter twenty-seven! Enjoy! 

----------

"Wow Brooklyn, you look hot."

A deep blush rose up to my cheeks at Shawn's bluntness as I lowered my head to hide it.

"Hell, you almost look as good as me," he continued.

The blush left my cheeks almost as quickly as it had arrived. Trust Shawn to ruin a perfectly good compliment. Raising my head, I looked up just in time to see Cy-Cy clog him across the head. A smile began to form on my lips as his smirk had now dissapitated and had transformed into a grimace.

"Ouch Cy," he muttered, "I was only joking. No need to be abusive."

"Its not being abusive if you're acting like a 'tard," she retorted with a satisfied grin playing on her lips. 

Carressing his head, Shawn leaned back casually against the wall, but not before shooting Cy-Cy a menacing glare, to which she returned with a wicked smile. Grumbling profanities under his breath he lowered his head slightly. Using this to my benefit, I allowed myself to 'assess' the clothes he had chosen to wear.

He had black slacks on which were long enough to just barely cover and inch of his shoes. Covering his torso was a dress shirt which color matched that of my dress. The sleeves were rolled up and the shirt was lazily tucked into his pants - only a corner. I allowed my gaze to trail upwards as I took a quick glance at his hair. I was glad to see that he had taken the time to run a comb through the usual mess that was on his head.

My vision trailed back downwards to meet Shawn's face which was now staring back at me. The corners of his lips tugged upwards in a smirk when he realized that I had been 'checking him out'. Feeling a familiar burn return to my cheeks, I quickly stared down at the floor.

Before he had a chance to shoot me with one of his quick witted responses, the door bell rang. I sent silent praises to the man upstairs as Cy-Cy headed towards the front entrance. 

Staring at Cy-Cy's retreating back, a thought sprung up in my head. Was this the mystery guy that Cy-Cy had planned on bringing to the dance? My eyes locked with Shawn's as the same thought began to process through his head. Lifting himself from his position on the wall, he headed towards the front entrance with me trailing at his heels. 

Shawn and Cy-Cy's bodies obscured my vision to the entrance. Climbing on to my tippy toes, I attempted to peer over Shawn's shoulder to make out the figure at the door.

"Hey Cy-Cy, Shawn," a voice spoke up.

Making my way past Shawn, I stumbled forward and gazed up at a familiar face with an incredulous expression staining my face.

"Hey Brooklyn."

--------

"Eric," I gaped, "what are you doing here?"

Well, that's what I had meant to ask before Shawn beat me to it. From the corner of my eye, I saw Shawn standing with his eyes locked coldly on Eric. His jaw ticked and immediately I knew that he was assessing him.

"Well," Eric chuckled nervously, "I'm here to take your sister out to the dance tonight."

Shawn crossed his arms across his chest and sized up Eric. I could feel butterflies stir up in my stomach, feeding off of the nervousness Eric was transmitting. After staring down Eric, Shawn grunted and took a step forward so he was looking straight at him. 

"Well then, what're we waiting for?" Shawn said while clapping his hand on Eric's back. "Let's get moving!"

I could hear breaths release in the air and was surprised to find that mine was one of them. Filing behind Cy-Cy, I walked out of the house with Shawn trailing behind me. 

---------

Sorry for the shortnes...I promise that the next one will be longer :3