Chapter Thirty-Two: Good-Bye-

Here it is! I'm not going to waste your time with an Author's Note! (11+ pages on Word..whew took a lot outta me)

---------

Nerd Gone Bad Chapter Thirty-Two

Dedicated to: Tri3LyriX ‘cause he’s an absolutely amazing friend x) who never fails to make me laugh!

It had been two days since Shawn, Cy-Cy, and I had gone to the Amusement Park. Two days since my mom had told me we were moving. Finally, the day had arrived. The day I would be leaving everything behind to move to Denver.

I smiled weakly and uttered a silent thank you to Shawn as he walked up and grabbed the suitcase from beside me and carried it off to a silver minivan. Cy-Cy was sitting in the front seat, staring blankly out the windshield. 

Walking back into the house, I grimaced slightly at the sight. Where furniture had once been, were now white patches. It looked nothing like the house I had been living in for most of my life. It was different; empty. I felt like a stranger in my own home. Wrapping my arms around myself, I stared at the unfamiliar scenery one last time before heading back out towards the entrance of our house. I stopped when I noticed a white paper lying by the stairway.

Picking up the note my parents had left me, I crumpled it up and dumped it into the pocket of my hoodie. They had taken it upon themselves to leave for an earlier flight, not even bothering with how their daughter was going to get to the airport; not that they cared. They obviously didn’t plan on being seen with me.

Tracing a hand through my hair, I pulled out my house key. I held the cold metal material in my hands, staring at it in awe. Reluctantly, I tore my eyes away from it and closed my house door shut. I heard a soft click when I turned the key inside the lock. I blinked back tears as I slowly stepped away from the house. Turning away from it, I descended the stairs which led to Shawn and Cy-Cy who were waiting in the minivan. Glancing over my shoulder, I risked one more glance at the house before turning around and walking to the car. 

Shawn held the door open for me and I briskly climbed in. My throat felt constricted and I knew that if I opened my mouth only sobs would come out, so I simply nodded at him in means of a thank you. I leant my head back against the head rest as I heard the door slam shut. Craning her neck around, Cy-Cy murmured a soft hello to me which I also returned with a nod. 

Climbing into the driver’s seat, Shawn buckled his seat belt before putting the car in reverse. Backing out of the driveway, I looked one last time at the house standing before me. It was no longer my home; just simply a house. 

Tearing my eyes away from the building, I focused my gaze on the road through my window, unwilling to talk. 

------

We had been driving for nearly ten minutes now and I could swear you could cut the tension with a knife. Shawn had attempted to start up a conversation, multiple times if I might add, but Cy-Cy and I had remained silent. There was simply too much running through my mind and I knew that for Cy-Cy it was the same.  

Sighing heavily for what felt like the hundredth time today, I leant my elbow on the windowsill and gazed blankly out the window.