The final move

I'm in a good mood today, when I woke up this morning Leo wasn't there which was slightly weird, I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine him coming into my room yesterday night. Stuffing some pancakes in my mouth, I look at Lucas who is sitting directly in front of me.

Saliva everywhere on his fingers as he chewed on what looked like a breadstick, I scrunched my nose in disgust as the saliva became stingy all over his fingers gross. " Lucas wipe your fingers" I put my fork on the plate, and picked up the neatly folded napkin beside me and leaned over the table and wiped his mouth.

Lucas shook his head "no no" was all he mumbled as his chubby little fingers began to reach up to mine, oh hell no I quickly dropped the napkin and sat back on my chair not touching me with those sticky saliva hands.

"Wasn't very nice was it, Payne" A familiar deep voice questioned, fighting the urge to roll my eyes, I look at the large figure looming over Lucas. Lucas immediately began to squeal as he tried to turn in his high chair to look at his dad, yes his dad not mine. I let out a heavy sigh and pick up my orange juice and take a gulp, I decided to ignore him.

I can't stand him

"It's just a bit of salvia look, no harm done," he said while picking Lucas up from his high chair, and set him on his hip, picking up the fallen napkin he gently wiped Lucas's fingers. Putting my juice down, I pick at my pancakes and shrug at him I have nothing to say to him, I'm 100% sure that he's the reason for why Mum is acting a little...off.

David let out a sigh and pulled the chair next to Lucas out and sat down, sitting Lucas down comfortably on his lap he pulled his plate closer to him and started to stack some waffles on his plate. I should go before he starts a conversation with me , I started to push my chair back only to be stopped by David.

"Where are you going? you haven't even finished your food sit, let's talk" biting my tongue back, I push myself towards the table and poke my cold pancakes "Not hungry" giving short answers will get me out of this conversation quicker, I slowly tapped my foot against the tiled floor as I looked at David.

David nodded and started to pour some syrup onto his pancakes, "but you can still talk" was all he said as he cut a piece of his pancake and fed it to a happy Lucas, for fuck sake whenever he wants to 'talk' its usually about how I should stay in the house and be like my mother.

Who is lifeless.

"So your mother told me that you want to leave town?" He questioned, his unnatural yellow eyes stared into my soul as he waited for my answer, this time I didn't hold back the eye roll, of course, she told him "Yes I do, I don't want to be here for the rest of my life" I said emotionlessly as I crossed my arms.

David narrowed his eyes at my behavior and response, " No need to leave everything you need is here" he said while giving me a forced smile, then it dropped "you're not leaving so you better get that stuck in your head" he said while shaking leg, Lucas body moved with every shake.

Anger like no other flooded my system, but I gritted my teeth and stayed quiet if there was something that I knew about David is that he doesn't tolerate backtalk or disrespect. I remember once when Mum had a backbone, they were arguing about something, and I watched from the top of the stairs as he grabbed a fistful of Mums hair and tugged her head to let so her neck was bare to him and snarled "Submit".

It was the most intimidating thing I have ever witnessed, something told me he wouldn't hesitate to do it to me either. I hated him the minute he walked into our house, Dad went missing and he showed up a month after and said he and Mum were getting married.

David was one fishy mother fucker and I feel like he's hiding something from us.

When I didn't respond, David shook his head and wiped his mouth with a napkin, I hope it was the one Lucas infested and sighed "Payne, let's forget this topic was ever brought up in the house ok? and go and apologize to your mother shes been upset these last couple of days" He looked at me with an eye brow raised up as if he dared me to object.

Of course, I was going to object why do I have to say sorry, she is the one that went all Mother Gothel on me "David wh-" he stopped me with a slam of his fist in the table that made me flinch, Lucas was quiet now as he stared at me with a wide-eyed expression. "how many times do I have to tell you? Don't call me David, I am your father and you'll address me as that" he practically snarled, his face morphed into something that would make a grown man cry.

I gulped and had to refrain myself from curling into a ball to hide away from him, Lucas started to cry loudly and started to struggle out of his Dad's hold, "pay pay" he cried as he tried to wiggle out of his Dad's lap. David's face softened immediately as he put both of his arms under Lucas's arms and cradled him to his chest.

David let out a soft sigh and started to rock Lucas in his arms, his eyes flickered towards me "go to your mother and say sorry". he said as he started to press small kisses on top of Lucas's head, I silently pushed my chair back and made my ways towards the stairs.

I turned back once more before I went to Mum and saw David moved Lucas's face away from his neck and tilted his head to the left and started to lick Lucas. I blinked a couple of times and shivered, the weirdest part of it Lucas's cries gradually calmed down as David was licking him from his cheek to his forehead.

I cringed at the feeling, I remember I got sick once ad David went into this 'protective' mode and while I was sleeping he started to lick me as if he was grooming me like some sort of animal.

I looked away and went upstairs to find Mum.

====

"Can you believe it Leo he started to lick Lucas, he fucking licked him" I said feeling mindblown as I paced frantically in front of Leo's quiet form when he didn't say anything I stopped and looked at Leo and frowned as the wind started to blow in our direction.

Somethings off about Leo today, Leo sat on the edge of the bench, his whole body was tense and he had his elbows on his knees and his face in his hands. He looked stressed I bit m bottom lip as my thoughts of David went out of the window here's me complaining about David, look at Leo I don't think I've ever seen him like this.

"Leo are you okay?" Choosing my next words carefully, don't really want to be saying something that would trigger the anger in him, I walked closer to him until I was standing right in front of him.

Leo said nothing, he just stayed in the same position for a while before rubbing his face with his hands. He let out a sigh and looked up at me, there was many emotions running through his eyes, I couldn't pinpoint what he was feeling which is very rare for Leo.

Suddenly he grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze making me look at him "Promise me something" He mumbled looking into my eyes., my widened at the sudden contact gulping at the intense look, I nodded making Leo's hand tighten, he moved his legs so they went behind mine and pulled me closer to him.

"Promise me that you will never leave me" He said bringing his hand towards my cheek, he stroked small circles on the apples of my cheeks where is this all coming from? I thought blinking in surprise "I promise" I said looking at him confused.

"Good because I will never let you go" He said calmly grabbing the back of my head, and dipped his head down to mine and smashed his lips on mine.
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

Leos finally made a move :o