Chapter Twenty-Three

His kiss made my mind tingle. There was something there, something that I needed to know. I just had no idea of how to release it. He broke away from me, a small grin playing on his very kissable lips.

“Do all orcs have tusks?” I ran my finger down one of his, he shivered.

“Yes. Typically the women have smaller ones. We aren’t born with them, they grow in. Like horns do.” He told me.

“You have horns?” I didn’t see any.

“No, on a horned animal… like a deer. They are not born with a huge rack, it grows in- as our tusks do.” He explained.

“Oh. I bet orc kids are super cute and awkward while they are growing in.” I laughed.

“You have no idea.” He shook his head.

“Well, I like them. They suit you.” I ran my hand up the other one.

“They are also very sensitive to gentle touches.” His golden eyes had darkened.

“Oh, is that so?” I did it again.

“Yes and I’d like very much so to stay the gentleman, Kat. You’re making it very difficult.” His voice was rough.

“Not so fun is it. Will people think we are together in the other realm?” I changed the subject.

“I think it would be best to keep you safe.”

“But we aren’t. We should sleep together. It would make it more believable.” I purred at him.

He laughed out loud.

“Yes, I did just say that.” I laughed too.

“Oh, Kat. You are trouble. Tonight your emotions are too rough. I do not want to be the man you’ve turned to because he hurt you. I think it is time for us to retire for the night.” He stood.

“Um, where will I be sleeping?” I hated that I wanted him so badly, but I knew he was right.

“In the spare room. Come, I’ll make sure you’re comfortable before I go to bed myself.” He walked to the hall and opened a door.

The room was beautiful. Rich colors danced over everything. The bed was at least a queen, it had elaborate metal scrolled head and foot boards. It was amazing. There were two doors inside the room.

“There’s more?” I couldn’t imagine how the house hide so much.

“Yes, a closet and bathroom. Is it to your liking?” He asked.

“Yes. It’s lovely. Thanks again for taking me in tonight.” I yawned, feeling exhausted all of a sudden.

“Not a problem. There is a night garment in the closet for you. I had one of the female orcs help me find it. It is Fae made. I didn’t know if you’d come empty handed or not, I was trying to make sure you had everything you needed.” He said uncomfortably.

“Wow. Really? I’ve always wanted a Fae garment.” I rushed to the closet.

The material was like fine silk mixed with gossamer. It was sheer, but solid. I know that makes no sense, but the material was see through on the hanger, when I put my hand in it, it blocked out the details. It was a stunning aqua color.

“Will you tell me what you think?”

“If it will make you happy.” He swallowed hard.

I went to undress and he turned away, I laughed.

When the nightie slid down my body, I shivered in delight. It was like wearing nothing. Only very beautiful nothing.

“You can look.” I said in the sexiest voice I could muster.