Chapter Seven

“Show some freaking respect, John! That guy saved my fucking life.” I glared at him.

“It wasn't meant disrespectful, it's more like we already have enough going on- we don't need another problem right now.” He looked down at his shoes.

“Besides the fact that what you said sounds so fucked up, I'd like to point out that he might actually know something about all of this!” I wanted to beat him.

“Yes, Agent Purrowells.” He responded with a glare.

It was strange, but I knew I was moving away from my partner. Does this mean I'm gonna end up all alone? The thought was kind of exciting. I briefly wondered if it was even possible for P.N.I. to try and find a new match for him- someone better fit for him. I decided that there was something wrong with my genetic makeup or something.

“I need to check in with Henry. Andrew can you direct some of the teams I send this way toward some of her 'special' rooms?” I didn't even want to think about what kind of evidence they'd find in them.

“Of course. But before you go, can I have a word with you?” His eyes had a certain level of want to them, it made my insides quiver.

“Of course.” I smiled.

He gestured for me to follow him- like a lamb being led to slaughter. It was hard for me to go after this morning. But a need to be near him took over. There was something about Andrew- something that defied all logic and rational reasoning. I was pulled to him- like a moth willing to light its wings on fire just to be near the flame. My only concern was that I was going to end like the moth.

“There's a room in which I know she would not have used. She had it built exclusively for vampires. Since we did have a feud going- Andrea wanted to make sure that all of her vampire guests were safe and comfortable in their guest quarters.” He walked down a hall.

I could smell where the teams had been. It was like being part of P.N.I. left a certain smell on you.

“I want to show you.” His eyes hinted at his lust- a light crimson ring hugging the beautiful violet shade.

“Andrew, you do realize I'm supposed to be running this investigation?” I tried to sound like my heart was behind it- but I yearned for him.

“You forget, Kat, I know you. Inside and Out.” His finger caressed my shoulder and I almost melted in the hallway.

I watched as he placed his palm on a hidden scanner. I heard him intake a breath.

“What's wrong?” I asked concerned.

“It's a DNA scanner. If you aren't a vampire or accompanied by one, you aren't getting in.” He showed me his palm- it was covered in pinpricks, the wounds closed before my eyes.

“Dude, that is kinda gross. Don't you guys worry about disease?” I wasn't completely sure about the whole vampire blood disease thing.

He laughed and shook his head.

The wall slide back and a metal door moved out of the way.

“Welcome, Master Vampire Andrew.” A voice said.

“Thank you, Connie.” He said back.

“What?” I couldn't imagine why he'd be talking to a computer.

“It's voice activated. It knows me. Just another level of protection. This is Kat Purrowells, Connie. Please add her DNA to your file.” He gestured for me to put my hand on the scanner.

“Oh, fuck no.” I backed up.

“You won't feel it.” He told me.

“Right. I watched you and heard you intake breath.” I crossed my arms.