Chapter Four

Beau and I had all the same classes, so he would sit next to me in each class. My mate made it incredibly hard to focus, the way he would play with my fingers to amuse himself or ask me millions of questions about myself.

The two of us were sitting together in math. Beau fired question after question at me.

"Favorite ice cream flavor?"

I thought for a moment, "Mint chip."

"Favorite color?"

"It depends on my mood. Sometimes it's white, other times it's orange."

"Favorite animal?"

"Wolf," I grinned, "What about you?"

"You're my favorite animal."

"So... wolf?"

"Not your shifted form. You. As in Amabelle Murdock. I know that you can become as feisty as a wolf."

"Oh really? Like when?" I challenged.

"In bed," he said smugly.

"And how would you know that?" I raised my eyebrows teasingly.

"I'm going to learn that soon. Guaranteed."

I snorted softly and tuned back into the lesson. Beau was fiddling around with my fingers, twining them with his, rubbing his thumb across them, stroking my palm. It was hard to focus. Very hard.

Luckily, math was over. The bell rang and I swung my bag over my shoulder, feeling Beau's hand close around mine. We walked to the cafeteria together, Beau asking more questions. I answered them as truthfully as possible.

When we got to the food line, Beau just got one tray and piled a ton of food on it.

"You're eating all that?" I asked.

"Of course not. Half is for you."

"I can't eat half of that!"

"You're right. One fourth is for you. The other three fourths are for me. Happy? I paid attention during math," he grinned.

"Beau, that's third grade math," I laughed.

"Damn."

He paid for the food and held the tray in one hand easily, snaking one arm around my waist. He was so possessive. I followed him to the table his pack sits at and chewed my lip when I realized there was only one seat left. I was about to go grab another chair when Beau wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me down onto his lap.

There were five other people sitting at the table. I could tell that two pairs of mates were there and the other wolf wasn't mated yet. They all smiled warmly at me and introduced themselves.

"I'm Brielle," a petite blonde girl introduced.

"Jett," her auburn mate grinned at me.

"I'm Demi," a black haired girl smiled.

"Name's Birch," her mate said warmly.

"Call me Xavier. I mean it, call me," a cute auburn boy winked, obviously Jett's twin.

Beau growled deeply, glowering at Xavier. I twined my fingers with his, calming him down slightly. He breathed in my scent to relax and his muscles became less tense.

"I'm Amabelle," I smiled.

Lunch was a fun event. Everyone joked around together, and I already felt welcome. I had just met the five and already considered them friends.