Chapter 2: Carie

Lets see.... what was my next memory... ah yes!

I was just starting off a group project. We were about a few members, lets say... only 6 of us? Since I'm the only one that can take the leader role, I led the team. The goal was to create some sort of a unique tv commercial about Love. So I planned this...

(Lights turn on)

Carie is standing with one of our classmates. She says, "Hmm... where should we go?". Parson first stood in front of her and says, "Wassup? Wanna watch the basketball game? I'm their leader" and proceeds to brush his hair. Chester was next, "Hey girl, wanna be the angel in my artwork? I'm the greatest artist here", he adjusts his hair with a paint brush sticking out the side of his ear. Rodrigo was wearing shades and a black fidora. He says, "Hey there beautiful, wanna catch a movie?". Then I popped out in the scene. "Why don't you join me? I'll accompany you through everything?" To my suprise, she chose me. The plan was that she was to pick which guy she liked the most. I was supposed to be the last option. The whole class cheered for us both, and suddenly, she held my hand. My face was suddenly red hot, I looked at her and she was smiling. Does she like me already..? Or is this still part of the act?

"How did you force me into this??", I was suddenly asked if I can go to attend Carie's dance practice near the school. It wasn't that far, just a few blocks away.

"I dunno, you suddenly joined me along the way.", Carie replied.

I can't believe how talented this girl is. I mean, she's good at arts and then all of a sudden, she's a Hip Hop dancer as well? I was speechless. Up until we got there at the Workshop. We looked around and no one was there yet. So we sat by the nearby bench and chatted for a few minutes or so...

"Whats your goal for this school year?", Carie asked.

"I'm planning on being more serious. I received bad grades last year, so I got to take it up a notch.", I replied.

"I'm also failing you know, I really need help in Math."

"Don't worry, I'm here for you."

"Aww. Its nice to have a friend like you. So, have you met other new friends at our section?"

"Well... Parson and Chester were added my friend list. Rodrigo is my long time bestfriend so there wasn't any problem. And of course, you."

"I met that girl 'May' by the way. I have a feeling that Parson has a crush on her?"

"Yeah, its obvious haha. I helped Parson on how to approach May."

"I wonder... you still don't have a girlfriend? Like, ever??"

"Yep, I'm very unstable when I fall in love. It slowly destroys my mind and all I think about is the girl I like... thats why I'm limiting myself only to find a crush, not a girlfriend."

"Oh... okay. Thats a very weird case for you."

"I know right?"

We heard the front gate opening and about 20 people entered the small function hall. She began to wear her arm sleeves and adjusted her jogging pants.

"I'll stay up to 5 PM. We have to finish this before the weekend. I think you should go ahead...", Carie said.

"Okay then, enjoy and have a safe trip back home. Bye", I replied.

I took one last look at at her. She was wearing a camouflage t-shirt, it suits her well. I really want to know her more... I rode a jeep and got home as early as I can. I saw a familiar face waiting in front of the gate of our house.