Chapter 4: Parental Supervision

After the devastating event that happened to Parson, the success of Chester, it all goes down to Jason and Carie. Lately, Carie isn't replying or just not noticing Jason that much since the concert. She's very strange all of a sudden...

Its me, Jason. We were going to attend mass since its been a while that we had the company of my big brother. He's busy and all that with his job that only me and Jamie are the only ones with Mom and Dad. We always attend to accompany my Grandparents from my mother side. Its good to be bonding with my relatives. And in some cases, I could see my cousin Chris with his family attending mass there as well. As soon as we arrive there, I saw a familar face.

"Carie?", I said. I was suprised by what I saw.

She looked at me but... she turned away instantly...

"Do you know her Kuya?"

"She's... my classmate."

"Something isn't right hereee. I will find it out hehe"

"Hmph.", I ignored.

I could feel the aura of my parents just locking me down. I can't approach her or anything because they might ground me for a lifetime. Uggghhh what am I gonna do...

~After mass, we went to a nearby restaurant to eat. Chris was the only cousin I have available at the time since everyone else in the bloodline already have jobs. Jamie was sitting beside Chris and were talking about school stuff.

I tried to message Carie online but she wouldn't reply. I really have to fix this problem... if not, mind could get tangled up by this mess....

I'm not a stalker or anything, its just what I grew up doing. I checked every recent detail on her account. And it seems that she's hanging out with her friends more often. I tried asking her friends but they would just seen-zone me as well.

~We had a practice for a dance in a project. I know, we got TONS of these projects. I got separated from Parson and Chester for some reason and Rodrigo was feeling sick so he wasn't able to attend class. This was my opportunity to talk to Carie since she's my partner. And FYI, I didn't make the partnerings, my classmates did.

"Hey Carie", I greeted.

"Oh, Hi Jason", she replied.

"You haven't talked to me since-"

"About that. Sorry by the way. I've been having issues with my parents recently..."

"Same. My parents got strict since Jamie had an interest in another boy again. Sigh"

"Why do they always think that its wrong to like someone..?"

"Its because they care for you. Knowing that they have passed through this stage of ours, they know that we are fragile when in comes to love. We aren't that mature yet sort to speak."

I tried to look at her in the eyes but she just turned and went to our groupmates. I'm really confused now on what she's going through.

"Why don't we meet up by a restaurant this Saturday? My treat.", I asked

"Okay...", she answered.

"Alright then, shall we dance my lady?"

I got home as fast I as I could. It was a friday so traffic was heavy going home. Dad was washing the car outside the garage while Jamie was at the Bahay Kubo staring at her phone. I entered the front door and saw Big Bro playing on his laptop.

"Whats up bro?", I then gave him a Fist Bump.

"Cool. And where's mom at?", I asked.