Chapter 5: Eliminating Memories

I felt exceptionally tired when I got home that day. I couldn't even hear what Mom was saying that day... I think she was scolding me because I left without permission. Jamie was just at her room chatting with her friends using her phone again. I just headed straight to my room, locked the door, and I blacked out.

I saw all the memories I had with Carie. From the first day, first time I talked to her, ahh forget it! This isn't going to help me move on from that... "crush". I could just hope my friends are doing better. Parson moved on nicely. Chester is slowly but surely making progress. Rodrigo doesn't have any problems since he doesn't have a mindset on catching a girl yet. And lastly would be...

"Ryder! Smile man, you're gonna lose your points.", I said.

I was trying to cheer up my buddy Ryder after he discovered that he was dumped by Silena for someone else, maybe a more handsome and rich fellow. I guess we suffered the same fate but I'm trying my best to disregard the pain. We were just a few days away from Christmas Party. I really need the knee support because of my obsession to playing Basketball. And Ryder was slumped up on his chair.

"I still can't believe that happened.... Arrghhh!", he grunted.

"Woah, chill out bro. Its just a-", I replied.

"What! A crush!? Dangit! I had the opportunity to be appreciated and she chose someone else!"

"Its okayyy.", I patted him on the back. "Maybe it just was't the time. Remember, we still have a long way to go to meet that one girl who will make us feel appreciated. I myself got dumped by Carie. But I didn't stay down for a long time. I immediately punched the sadness out of me and stood up again."

"Hmph! Just because I believe in you, I'll 'chill' out. But starting this day, anything sweet that I see, I'll let my mouth burst out all the negativity in me, got it?"

I raised my hands up like I was arrested but I'm showing a gesture that means "Okay then".

On that note, I wasn't sure I was gonna pass the exams. Its the most difficult so far from all the rest. I had to review day and night... (and a few glances on my tablet to check my status hahaha.) but I managed to pull through. All I had to do now was finish some small tokens that I will give to my friends since tomorrow is the Christmas Party yeahhh.

Someone knocked on the door. I was a bit startled because I was so focused on wrapping the cartridges.

"The door is unlocked.", I said.

It was Dad. I wonder why he's here.

"Jason. Umm.... sorry for being mad at you last week.", he said.

"No Dad, its okay. I shouldn't have fallen for her...", I replied.

"I should've had the same judgement as your mother. Its okay for you to have a crush. I'm sorry because I only thought about the sake of your future, not the current events."

"I'm alright. Besides, she already has a boyfriend. I am fully responsible for everything that happened to me."

"Sorry to hear that. If so, then use that experience son, and don't go head on unless you're ready okay?"

"I understand Dad. Thank you"

I stood up and gave him a hug. Thanks to his genes, I'm almost as tall as him at the age of 15 dang. The only thing left is for me to act like a grown up. Be "mature". But no, just give me one last day to enjoy my immaturity. You'll see tomorrow...

~Mom and Dad decided to wake up early in the morning and brought us to school. It was really awkward back in the car since its the first time we ever got to see Mom and Dad together to take ud to school. The last time was when we had our Grade School Graduation and that was 3 years ago. I had to hide what was in my bag. I know my Mom wouldn't be happy if she saw even a small part of it because she was with me when I bought it at the Toy Store when I was 7.