Chapter 7: Believing Misconceptions

I'm starting to think that these tasks are made just to torture me and me only. I mean, is this really training for my future? I thought about everything as me and my gang were waiting for the second part of the school day to take place. We had a technique called the "4 chair strat" wherein the 4 of us would have a chair and place it like a diamond each facing the middle. It was a brilliant idea from Prince. And yeah, I know you can see the title. I admit, I am believing now that she likes me. I'm not lying, I do believe it. Sometime in the near future, I feel that I will pay the price.

It was time for Physical Education, and my favorite lesson. Basketballlll.... we had a practical test. Basic Passing, Dribbling, Defending, and Shooting. Oh please, I could do these with my eyes closed. Nahhh just kidding, I'm just a novice at basketball. Passing I got perfect. Dribbling, barely got perfect. Defending, its totally my thing. And Shooting? Of course its lights out at the Gym. Prince was the only guy that could rival my skills. He got perfect at everything with ease. Chris wasn't exactly an athlete in the family so he failed miserably. I'm impressed at Jamie. She got perfect on everything as well. I saw how Prince looked at Jae and I said, "I'm the one who taught her how to play pro basketball haha."

"No way."

"Yes way. Now come on, we got a 5v5 match about to start here."

I left Jae by her friends and I stuffed my ID and wallet and off to the races I go. Me and Prince were like the ultimate duo, passing here, jumpshot there. He would be the Point Guard and and me being the Shooting Guard or the Small Forward or the Power Forward or even the Center hahaha. Suddenly, the bullet pass that Prince intended for me was intercepted and was heading towards the girls. A girl with a violet bracelet was about to be hit with a 10 mph ball so I dived in and saved it. I only saw my classmates looking down on me and when I sat up, I said,

"Hi Nika."

"Thanks, that was close.", she said.

"Nice save there Jason.", Trisha said.

"Yieee Nika's face is blushing haha.", Bianca followed.

It was true, her face was turning the color Red when I looked into her eyes.

"Oh? I could see that. The good thing is I saved her. Bye Nika."

When I walked back to the court, I went to Prince.

"You planned this all along didn't you?", I said.

"What are you talking about bro?", he replied.

"These guys have some long arms, better watch out okay?"

"Sure, my bad for that pass."

"Oh, its nothing. Lets end this."

I might have made a huge mistake for telling a lie about her. And because of that, she became evasive towards me. I tried my best everytime to atleast get a chance to say sorry but to no avail.

My strategy at the moment is to say sorry through effort. I don't know why but I feel like I fell in a sand trap of Nika. But the bigger issue is that... I can't believe that I would like a... unique girl like her. My Trump Card is now activated, I utilized our time for a new project to talk to her.

"Okay Kuya, whats the plan? We need to make a magazine okayyy?", Jamie asked.

I was too focused on looking at Nika so she asked her instead.

"Nikaaa, what do we do? My Kuya here is still stunned just by looking at you.", she said.

"Haysss haha.", she then crossed her arms and looked out the window. That eye-catching smile...