36- You're Trying To Be Romantic, Aren't You?

“Okay, so this is probably like, the cutest thing ever.”

I laughed and wrapped my hair in a fishtail braid down my back. It was Valentine’s Day and Alice was with me in my room to help me get ready for whatever Danny had planned for tonight.

It had been about a month since the incident with my father and after that decent conversation with my mother, that’s the last time that I’d spoken to either one of my parents or Margaret, and I didn’t mind in the least. However, Alice was just waiting to give my dad a piece of her mind and she was just as surprised when I told her about the phone call I had with my mom.

“Okay, well that ugly cut on your cheek is pretty much gone, so that’s good.” Alice chirped.

“Oh gee, that’s just so nice of you, Ali.” I muttered sarcastically.

“I am in such a good mood right now I don’t think you could ever understand.” She cooed.

I laughed at her excitement, but it was very much understood because Lance comes home tomorrow, so we were both just very giddy today. In fact, we have been like, all week.

“Okay, so when you leave, I’m going to pimp out the back of the Hummer with like rose petals and blankets and everything and I even got him this humungous Valentine’s teddy bear and it’s going to be perfect.” She cooed.

I laughed softly. “You’re going to do it in the back of the Hummer?”

“Well, okay, I’ll tell you how this is going to go.” She informed me.

“Please keep it G rated.” I ordered, pushing the dark red rose petal earrings into my ears using my vanity mirror.

“Sure thing.” She giggled. “So first, he’s going to get out of the car, because he’s coming with all of his Army buddies, and then he’ll see me and I’ll see him and then we’ll hug and I’ll cry and then once I’m done crying and we’re done hugging, we’re going to kiss. But we’re so incredibly horny because we haven’t done it in like, so many months, so we’re not going to be able to control ourselves, but have no fear, because the back of the Hummer is totally ready.”

“That was not rated G.” I mumbled.

She rolled her eyes. “Well, it was the best that I could do. Now go, Danny should be here any minute and I have so much to do before tomorrow even happens. It has to be perfect, it really does.”

“Relax.” I laughed. “The party is completely planned, so don’t worry about that.”

“I know.” She sighed. “It’s just… I am so nervous.”

“Yeah, me too.” I admitted. “I mean, not as nervous as you, of course, but I am a little nervous. Danny is freaking out too, because he’s going to meet him and everything.”

“Oh, poor Danny. And does Lance even know about the thing with your icky dad?”

“No,” I said quickly. “and he won’t know, you got it?”

She shrugged. “I mean, I won’t tell him but he should know.”

“Ali, it would rip our family even farther apart, I really can’t do that.”

“Okay,” She sighed. “well, my lips are sealed.”

“Thank you,” I chirped. “okay, I really gotta go, so I’ll see you tonight or tomorrow, but probably tomorrow.”

“Right, tomorrow, you crazy girl.” She winked teasingly at me as I slipped my dark red pumps onto my feet and I was ready for tonight, even though I still had no idea where Danny was taking me or anything, but I was as ready as I would ever be, I guess.