High School! L x Reader

You were sitting at the far back table of your class, head on your desk, moping and being a sad blob. For some reason or another, your "friends" decided to all start hating you all of the sudden, and you had absolutely no idea as to why. As you think about this you start to feel the tears you were holding back all day begin to build up again, you hide your face as you try and blink them away. The people who used to be your best friends, suddenly loathed you. You may have said or done something in the past week, but you honestly didn't think so. There was no reason that you could see for it other than because they could.

You think about this as you press your lips into a thin line, fighting an internal battle with yourself. The thoughts "you're not good enough." Or "nobody enjoys your company."
Whip wildly though your mind until you feel a soft touch on your shoulder, causing you to shoot your gaze upward. It was that boy that had a locker a few doors down from yours. L was his name, you think. You quickly wipe your eyes as you sit up straight, and his expression softens as he takes a seat beside you.

"(y/n)? What's wrong? You look upset."

He says softly, and you look away as you bite your lip hard.

"I-I'm fine."

You manage to stammer, but he doesn't believe it for one second.

"I can tell you aren't. What's going on? You can tell me you know."

He says as he returns his gentle hand to your shoulder.

"It's just...it might seem like I'm being overdramatic, but...It just feels like everyone hates me for no reason. Like just last week it was fine but now my friends are shutting me out of everything and getting mad at me for nothing....It's stupid though, don't worry about it."

You mumble as you slump down on the table again, and he follows your motion.

"I don't hate you."

He whispers as he runs his hand down your arm.

"Heh. Thanks...At least that's one person."

You mumble as you look towards him.

"(y/n) listen to me please...If people treat you that way then they don't matter. You need to understand that."

You think for a second after what he said, and you nod as you force a small smile. Before you can continue with your small conversation, the teacher enters the room, causing you both to look up.

"Alright, everyone to their seats."

The teacher calls out, looking towards both L and you. Before he leaves to go to his assigned spot, he looks towards you once more.

"So I don't have class with you for next block. Maybe you can go somewhere with me after school and we can talk to each other more."

"I-ok."

You stammer without thinking as you feel your cheeks begin to warm up. As you watch him return to his desk at the opposite corner to yours, your eye just happens to catch your "friends" as they had their chairs pulled all together in a small circle in the top right corner of the room, whispering to each other as they occasionally shoot their gaze over to you. You knew that you were the subject of the conversation, and you sigh as you tear a piece of lined notebook paper from one of your your booklets, and you start casually doodling as you try to ignore the negativity.

"What's a guy like him doing talking to her? I know she knows that I like him. She's just a slut and trying to get him to sleep with her just so she can ruin my chances."

You hear one of the girls spit, and you roll your eyes so hard in response. You then absently let your eyes wander around the room, and you eventually look back at that guy who was with you earlier, seeming to be completely ready and willing to tear one of their heads off. He must've felt your eyes on him, and he fixed your gaze back to you as his expression softens.