Section 1, Chapter 3

Kate's eyes shot open when she heard a scream. She looked over and shook her husband. "Gavin!"

Gavin woke up and groaned. Kate smacked him then got up and raced downstairs. "Kacey?!"

Kacey was crying. "She is burning up mama! Call Kena!"

Kate nodded and ran to the phone. Kacey wet the towel again and put it on Isis's head. Gavin came down with Troy. Troy ran over and pulled the blanket off Isis.

Gavin grabbed his coat. "I will run to Kena's real quick and see if she is there"

Kacey looked at him. "Mama is calling-"

Gavin shook his head. "It is four in the morning. Kena is probably sleeping or in an emergency at the hospital. I will get someone if I go there"

He turned and walked out. Kassie came down rubbing her eyes. Kate screamed in anger and slammed the phone down. Kassie ran to them. "Ok Kacey, go get a big towel and wet it down good" Kate urged.

Kacey nodded and ran to the bathroom. "Kassie, keep trying to call Kena" Kate commanded.

Kassie nodded and ran to the phone. Kate looked at Troy. "Go wake Blaze up." Troy nodded and ran down the hall.

~~~~~~~~

Kate looked when the door slammed open. Stella ran forward and felt Isis's head. "My Aunt Glisten and Gavin are coming. Aunt Glisten thinks she knows what is going on"

Blaze'e eyes narrowed. "What is going on?!"

Stella huffed. "Let me speak! Aunt Glisten looked at the blood prints. She believes Isis is half fairy. She thinks her fairy part is trying to heal her body."

Blaze flicked her. "Go on"

Stella crossed her arms. "I will not be told what to do."

"Girls!" Kate ordered.

Stella nodded. "Sorry. Aunt Glisten says that a being's body has a balance point. Isis's balance point has been messed with and her fairy part is trying to fix it. She believes the fairy won't hurt Isis but is making her sick"

Blaze looked at her in confusion. "If Isis is half fairy, wouldn't that mean I am half fairy?"

Stella sighed. "That is what is confusing me. You guys told me Sheree was suppose to be human and her husband was human but why does Isis have fairy blood?"

Gavin came in with Glisten. "One of her parents had to lie about their heritage. I have my daughters looking into Sheree and Drake's pasts" Glisten spoke.

She walked over to Isis and raised her hand. Her hand glowed and she nodded. "She is definitely part fairy. The fairy is only making Isis this sick because she is trying to heal her. Her powers have been locked away so its releasing so much at once"

"How can we get her to settle down?" Troy asked.

"We have to let her fairy just work because if we try to stop it then it can really hurt Isis. She is in no danger. Just keep doing what you are doing while the fairy works."

Kate looked at Glisten. "Can you see if Blaze is part fairy?"

Glisten walked to Blaze and raised her hand. It glowed and Glisten looked at her in confusion. "Stella, will you take a blood sample from Blaze?"

Stella nodded and took a sample. She looked at it and gasped. "Is that what I think it is?"

Glisten sighed. "Blaze is not part fairy. She is part vampire is seems. I think I know what happened now"

Blaze's eyes widened then she fainted. "How is she vampire? She can go out in the light and doesn't need blood" Kassie wondered.

Glisten nodded. "Half vamps never get a full vamps power. I knew a half vampire that only had the immortal aging. There was word of one that couldn't go out in the light but had the aging of a human. Most vampires will make humans vamps like them so they never have a half vamp"

"Then how-" Kate started.

"One of the parents had to be an Aeros. Aeros are mixtures of all beings. Can't be in sunlight like a vamp, fast like a valen, strength of a demon, magic like an azul or warlock, and many other things that add together." Glisten explained.

"You think genes passed?" Troy asked.

"Yes. I believe the Aeros parent passed only certain genes. Isis took the fairy gene and Blaze took the vampire. That is one way we can always tell an Aeros blood print. It will be a mixture of prints. It is either an Aeros or they had different parents" Glisten continued.

Gavin picked Blaze up and put her in a chair. "So since we got this somewhat figured out, I wants the twins and Kate back to bed.

"I can't leave Isis like this da-"

"Go Kacey" Gavin broke in.

Kate nodded and went upstairs with Kassie. Kacey looked at Isis then went upstairs. "I can try a calming spell to see if it will calm her fairy down some but can not be certain it won't hurt Isis." Glisten suggested.

Troy shook his head. "We will let it go. I don't want to risk Isis."

"Alright. I am gonna head back home and I will be back in a few hours. Stella, why don't you come home with me and get some rest?"

"Alright Aunt Glisten. See you guys." Stella said as her and Glisten left.

Gavin groaned and picked up Blaze. "I am gonna take her to bed then head back to sleep. You get some sleep also"

"I will once I get her fever back down some" Troy replied.

"Fine. Don't stay up so late. You need rest" Gavin reminded him before he went down the hall.

~~~~~~~~~~

Troy felt something shaking him. He opened his eyes to see Isis smiling at him. "I remember you" she whispered.

Troy laughed. He reached up to hug her when she fell on him. Isis started to laugh. Troy looked her and smiled. "I see you kept the ring"

Isis raised an eyebrow. "Of course! I can forget my memory a thousand times but will always keep this ring"

Troy leaned up and kissed her softly. "The only girl I know to turn down a proposal but want to keep the ring"

Isis stuck her tongue out. "It was more romantic this way. I knew we would meet back up."

"Did you really have brain surgery?"

Isis rolled over onto the floor. "I don't really know. Everything around that time is fuzzy"

Troy grabbed her hand. "We will figure everything out."

Isis let go of his hand and stood up. "If you an catch me then we can talk" She grinned.

Troy chuckled and stood up. "Then you better run"