Section 1, Chapter 6

Not completely satisfied with this chapter but happy enough. Will probably change some parts later.

Everyone heard a scream. "Is there a boy named Troy there?!" Sheree growled out.

"No mama. The twins were talking that I knew a Troy so I was wondering if you knew"

A chuckle came through the phone. "That little shit followed you everywhere! He had it that you guys were an item. He would have ruined your life!"

Kate gasped. Isis felt tears. "Why...Why don't I remember him mama?"

Troy grabbed her hand. Sheree was quiet for a moment. "Your brain surgery sweetheart. It erased everything from you. Now I am gonna be home at the end of this week and I will keep that boy from you"

"What did Troy do that was so horrible?"

"He was like a little parasite. I tried once to get rid of him but his father filed a complaint. His mother did the right thing when she left"

Dessin raised an eyebrow and pulled out a notebook. She then pulled out a taperecorder. Isis looked at her and Dessin nodded. "What did you try before?"

"This is between you and me. You were seven. Troy would not leave you alone. I told him you wanted a certain snack so when he left I hired someone to try and kill him. Of course the shot missed since Troy is still alive now"

Isis gulped as Sheree chuckled. "Oh and when you father was in the hospital, Troy tripped and got admitted to a room to be checked out. About an hour later the doctor claimed he had poison in his system and didn't know if he would make it. I helped in that too"

Kate covered her mouth and ran in the house. Troy squeezed Isis's hand and growled. Sheree sighed. "I learned killing that boy wouldn't be easy. I did a few small things but none of them ever worked. Oh I must go sweetheart. I love you" 

"Love you too" Isis mumbled.

They hung up and Gavin stood up. "I am gonna go check on Kate"

Gavin went inside while Dessin sat on the porch. "We could use this. I have the call recorded but we need a little more evidence if we want to catch her."

"What more do we need?!" Kacey cried.

Dessin shook her head. "I am a great lawyer and I know what all we need."

"Why do you care? You have been hateful since you got here" Blaze shouted.

"I care when someone has to much evil in them. I am still trying to get Kate gone but I will add this to my to do list"

"Will you lay off mama? You just hate her for taking your brother" Kassie glared.

Dessin clenched her fists and let out a breath. "We need to focus on this right now. Now here is what I believe we will need"

~~~~~~~~~~

Gavin walked to his bedroom. He opened the door and saw Kate crying. "Kate" He whispered.

He walked over and pulled her in his arms. "That boy has always been like a son to me and to hear Sheree talk like that just upset me"

"I know. We helped in raising Troy so it hurts worse. We will get her I promise you"

Kate was silent. Gavin hugged her tight. "What else is bothering you?"

"Is...Was Dessin correct when she claimed I stole you?"

Gavin raised an eyebrow. "When have you ever believed Dessin?"

"The way she has been just has me thinking. I did try and force you about another child"

"No you didn't. You asked and I said no. You left it at that and later I told you I wanted another one also. What has you so upset Treasure?"

Kate looked at him. "You have not called me that since we had the girls. What have you done with my husband?"

Gavin leaned down and kissed her. "I am still here Treasure. I know we have not been as close the past few years but I still love you. I will always love you"

~~~~~~~~

Troy groaned and looked at the clock. Isis was still up and pacing. He grabbed her hand and pulled her down. "Will you quit already? It is two in the morning"

Isis bit her lip. "I don't want...I am worried mama is gonna hurt you again"

Troy pulled her in his arms and put the covers over them. "Sheree wouldn't have the guts now. Even if she did, she would have to get through many people."

Isis snuggled closer. "That didn't stop her before"

"I just had mama and Gavin then. Pa was there but he saw mama in me and didn't really want me near him. He didn't want me to live with mama and Gavin but he didn't want me near him so I really had no protection."

Troy kissed Isis. Isis smiled and closed her eyes. 'I hope everyday can be like this' she thought as she fell a sleep.

~~~~~~~

The next morning came to quick. Kate flipped the pancakes. She smiled when Gavin hugged her. Dessin walked in and glared. "You two have to do that where everyone can see?!"

Gavin hugged Kate tighter and laid his head on her shoulder. "Think we can call Jim to make her go home?"

Kate laughed. "Jim is even scared of her!"

Dessin huffed and sat down. "My husband is not scared of me! He just knows to listen and listen well"

"So you force him?"

Dessin crossed her arms. "You will not make me into you. I don't force Jim into anything. You have forced Gavin into this world. You made him leave his family!"

Gavin slammed his hand on the counter. "That is enough Dessin!"

"NO! I am tired of her thinking she is the best in the world! She came in and acted like she knew everything then she took you away. You let her run you over! She doesn't do anything for you yet you do everything for her!"

Troy and Isis came in. "We heard a loud bang, is everything ok?" Isis asked.

"Everything is fine. Dessin is just having a hissy fit again" Gavin sneered

Kate shut the stove off and put the pancakes on a plate. Dessin stood up. "I am not having a hissy fit! I am tired of seeing your life be wasted. The only good thing out of this marriage was those girls."

"OUT!" Gavin snapped.

Everyones eyes widened. Gavin glared. "I am tired of your treatment of Kate. Leave until you get over this fit!"

Dessin nodded. "Fine!"

They watched as Dessin left. Troy and Isis looked at each other. Everything was going downhill.