Prologue

Prologue: - Unedited

The night was gleaming with glittery stars and the pure white moon was beaming at its fullest. Under such an empowering influence I felt more in tune with my other half. My wolf. She was stirring softly, itching at the surface trying to get out. I had remained in a human form for far too long.

With the power of the moon on our side, I crouched down forcing the shift. My bones cracked and skin rippled as I took on another form. The once searing pain was now a sick feeling of pleasure. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed this skin-- I felt powerful.

Finally, I can breathe, my wolf whispered in the back of my mind. 

Summer was coming to a close, and the newly brisk air was whistling through the trees. I couldn't help but the break out into a run. My giant paws lightly thudded against the Earth's surface. A midnight run was always refreshing, especially since the air was light and cool. 

The more I ran, the greated the distance I was from my pack. Not that I cared much since I was barely a member of the Blue River Pack. I wasn't a respected member of that pack-- I was an omega. No one knew of my origins, in fact, the only thing they were completely sure of was that I just happened to appear as a pup, fragile and frightened.

I should have been grateful that I had a chance to grow up in a pack. Afterall, they could have just as easily turned my needy little self down. In that case I would have probably died, or if I did survive, I would end up jumping off the high rails. Rogue wolves always went insane.

 Suddenly Jack's voice penetrated my thoughts. 

Cora, where are you? Your scent is stale. 

My wolf whined in protest. She knew whenever someone mentally contacted me that I'd push her to an inner crevice of my mind. She hated when I tried to numb her influence. 

I went for a run. 

Jack was always a concerned friend. Sometimes though, I felt like he wanted me more than just his friend. All he ever was going to be to me was a brother though.

Well, Alpha Xavier is looking for you... and he doesn't seem pleased. You should just come home.

When was Xavier ever pleased with me? I was positive that we wanted completely out of the pack. I was the only orphan in his pack, and without having a stable family I never recieved his pack's standard of discipline.  Everything was supposed to go his way or the highway.

I tended to choose the highway more often than not. 

I already knew why the Alpha was upset with me. Our pack had a curfew, where you needed to be within the village limits by nine PM unless otherwise granted permission. I had snuck out of the village around eleven. I was eighteen and should have known better than to set a bad example for younglings, but running was only refreshing at night.

No, Jack, I'm not coming home just because Xavier wants to see me.

There was nothing but silence on the other end.

Suddenly, a loud authorative voice boomed through my skull.  

Such disrespect from a petty orphaned omega. Unacceptable. 

*****

A/N:

Hi guys! I was just struck this this AWESOME idea, and I hope you all enjoy it and choose to keep reading. Things are bound to get really complicated and interesting. So school starts again, Wednesday, and I have a job so I may not update SUPER often, but I will definitely strive for weekly. AND I thought Last Friday Night really just shows Cora's idgaf personality ;) Comment, vote, subscribe, fan, whatever you do, fans inspire me :)

love you all.