Chapter 8

Camila's POV 

Lately, I had been distant from my friends. Only because of everything that had been going on and running through my mind. Shawn and Dinah had come looking for me a few times, and I actually did spend time with them, but only for a short period of time.

Vero on the other hand, I hadn't seen her in a while. Well it was only a few days, but that was ages compared to how we were always together. Apparently, she had been calling me but I hadn't contacted her. There were intentions in doing so, but I just never got around to it. Mostly because of Lauren. She was always on my mind.

Well, it had been enough time. It was time for me to start getting my life back. Lauren was consuming all my time, by thinking of her all the time at least. Enough of that. That didn't mean that I was giving up on her, because I wasn't. That girl was going to be mine.

Especially because of how much my feelings had grown for her, and were still growing.

The best time to gather my friends again was during lunch, I pretty much knew where they would be hanging out at. Either in the cafeteria, or at the steps of our school's theater. There was a higher chance of them being on the steps, so I decided to look there first.

Hey, U had to brag about my new car. Dinah and Shawn had already seen it yesterday. It was the second day of having my baby, I had to show it off. Just kidding, I wasn't exactly bragging, but I was showing my excitement. Most of all, I was telling everyone how awesome my parents were.

As I walked the next corner, I saw them sitting on the steps. There were more steps on the other side, so I continued on my way.

"Hey! Look who decided to show up." Shawn was surprised. "What's up ghosty?" He welcomed, making room between himself and Dinah.

"Ghosty?" I chuckled while taking a seat.

"Well we haven't seen you in a while. You walk the halls like a ghost; no one ever sees you." He explained, and at the same time offering me some of his burger.  

"Oh." I understood and took a bite from his burger.

Dinah burst out laughing, "You eat like a mouse." She was covering her mouth with her hand since there was still food in it. She chewed the rest of what was in her mouth while I gave her a quizzical glance. "You took the smallest bite ever!" She was still laughing.

"Yeah you did." Shawn laughed as he examined the bite I took. "Haha, that's funny." Wow, he was a little late on laughing, which then caused me to laugh. His laugh was so cute, it literally made him look adorable.

"Aww Shawn," I cooed while pinching his somewhat chubby cheeks. "You're so cute! I just wanna stuff you in my pocket."

His eyes then shifted down to my jeans pocket, "I don't think I'll fit."

I giggled. "You're so adorable," I kissed his cheek, a big wet one too. Hurting my feelings, he wiped it off. To save himself, he tapped my head with a smug grin on his face. That actually saved him. He's lucky that I couldn't stay mad at him; not that I ever was.

"Love you." He smiled.

My hand ran through his short hair, messing it up.

"Hey Vero," She hadn't said anything which surprised me. I thought she was going to be the first one to say something, whether to greet me or yell at me for staying away from them. She acknowledged my presence, but didn't reply. "Okay," I muttered feeling the tension.

"What's wrong with you?" Dinah asked Vero, pointing out the strange behavior.

"Nothing," she brushed it off. "What's wrong with you?" She laughed it off.