Chapter 16

Camila's POV

The situation was being handled in the principal's office. I was still shaken up, even with my parents here, consoling me. They weren't the only ones in the office. The principal, Lauren and two police officers were here as well. Fortunately, they had Austin handcuffed in another room.

My mom's arms were wrapped around me as I shook, still frightened and in complete shock.

"Oh mija," I could hear my mom sobbing. "How could you allow for this to happen?" she questioned someone. In case she were questioning Lauren, I looked up to make sure. "Do you just leave the students unsupervised?" she was raging.

"Mami, stop," I cried. This wasn't the time to complain about that. I just wanted Austin expelled from school. I didn't want to see him ever again, I didn't want him near me.

"Mrs. Cabello, the school day ended, we weren't aware that they were going to stay after school," the principal justified. "Besides, we were all in a meeting," he added.

"Mrs. Cabello," that was Lauren's voice. I looked at her. She approached us where we were sitting. She leaned over to us, resting a hand on my shoulder as my mom released me a bit. "The bright side is that we were able to stop it on time," Lauren directed her attention to my mom. "That boy won't ever be near Camila again." She assured.

"Mrs." My dad was calling for Lauren's attention.

"Miss Lauren, I'm not married," she explained.

"Sorry, Miss Lauren, why was Camila even with that boy?" he asked. It was understandable why he didn't want me to answer. I didn't want to talk.

Lauren looked down, as if feeling terrible all over again.

"I uh, I asked her to tutor him," she answered, sounding afraid of my parents response.

"Why would you ask my daughter to tutor a delirious boy like him?" My dad questioned, sounding angry. He chuckled skeptically, "Don't you see what you've caused?"

Lauren's hand slipped off of my shoulder.

"Papi! It's not her fault!" I looked at him. My mom held me. "And don't you dare tell her it's her fault! Miss Jauregui is the best teacher I have ever had, she wouldn't purposely put me in danger," I said with anger and frustration. My parents couldn't just go around blaming everyone, especially Lauren. "In case you haven't been told, she's the one who saved me," I informed.. My dad should've been thanking her, instead of accusing her.

"Camila, it's okay," Lauren's hand held my shoulder again. "I understand how you're feeling," she directed her attention to my dad. "And I do want to apologize either way," she added. "Mr. and Mrs. Cabello, I'm deeply sorry," she apologized, even though she didn't have to.

"Miss Jauregui is a great teacher, just like Camila stated. Lauren wouldn't intentionally put any of the students in danger," the principal was sticking up for her too, which made me happy. "She's not to blame for this happening," he finalized.

"I'm sorry," my dad seemed to clear his mind. "I'm just really disturbed by what happened," he excused. "Thank you for saving my daughter," he finally extended his hand out to Lauren.

"It's okay," she took his hand. Then took my mom's hand and smiled.

"If there's nothing else left to say, we'll be taking Austin now," one of the officers stated. "We're really sorry." he gave an apologetic expression. "Excuse us," the officers walked out of the office.

The principal sat in his chair, "Camila, don't worry about Austin, he'll be expelled," he informed. "He'll be punished in jail too," he added.

"Thank you for everything," my mom replied. "We'll get going now," she added as she stood and helped me up too. "Miss Jauregui, thank you too," she smiled at her.