Chapter 20

Camila's POV

The sunlight was shining through the curtains, and piercing through my eyes. What a way to wake me up. I yawned while rubbing my eyes, trying to get them to adjust to the brightness. To my surprise, Lauren was sitting up, against the head of the bed. A buzz sound was heard.

When my eyes opened completely, I was able to see her with my phone in her hands.

"Lo, what are you doing?" I groggily asked while sitting up next to her. 

Another buzz was heard, "Ugh, you messed me up," she groaned. Had she been playing flappy bird this entire time? She yawned, seeming really tired. And yet, she kept playing.

"How long have you been playing?" I leaned over, looking at the phone screen. 

"I don't know, since like eight," she concentrated on the game. "Shh, don't talk to me right now," her tongue stuck out to the side, showing how focused she was.

Wow, she needed help. I looked at the clock that hung from the wall. It was nine in the morning, what the hell, she had been playing for an hour now? She was going to kill my phones battery. Oh wait, it was still charging. At least she was smart enough to keep it that way.

"Lauren, you need to stop playing, it's been an hour," I tried pulling the game from her. She gave me her puppy eyes and pouted. It was making me weak. Too bad, I still had to take it from her. "Babe, let it go," I lifted her fingers off the phone.

"But I keep getting close to beating my highest score," she claimed. "I need to beat twelve," she stared at my phone as if her life depended on it. 

She needed to get a grip on herself.

"Some other time," with that said, I placed my phone on the nightstand. In order to do so, I had to lean over her. Her hand rested on my back while I was still fixing my phone on the nightstand, making sure that it wouldn't fall off. "Can we go get breakfast?" I asked while sitting next to her again.

"Always hungry huh Camz? Of course we can," she rubbed her eyes and then her hands slid down her face. 

"Unless you're tired," seriously, she looked exhausted.

"No," she smiled weakly. "I'm okay," she assured and got on her knees, on the bed. Cupping my face, she pulled me towards her. Kissed my bottom lip, nibbling on it. My hands held hers, while she still held my face.

On second thought, I wasn't all that hungry. Just a little but enough to have a heavy breakfast. Maybe a walk on the boardwalk was what we really needed. Eating ice cream of course. That sounded just about right. Besides, we needed to enjoy the beautiful sight.

"Instead of having breakfast, can we walk around?" I asked when the kiss broke. 

"Whatever you want," her forehead leaned against mine. I loved seeing her smile. She pecked my lips before climbing off the bed. 

Well we had to get ready. Looking in the mirror, I realized how terrible I looked. My hair was messy, ugh, I couldn't believe Lauren's seen me like this. How embarrassing. She didn't even seem to mind. She still saw me with the same eyes as always, as if in her eyes I was still beautiful. No matter what my appearance was.

"I call shower first," I claimed. 

"No, I do," hey, that wasn't fair of Lauren. Too bad for her, I called it first. She was too slow. 

"Uh-uh," I replied like a child.

"We'll see about that," with that said, Lauren ran towards the bathroom. Oh hell no, she wasn't allowed to do that.