Chapter 14

A/N: Idk if you guys read these, but the one at the end of this chapter is worth reading! :P

Camila's POV

"Has Vero talked to you?" Lauren asked while we sat on her couch. I shook my head before resting it in the hook of her shoulder. "Have you tried talking to her?" she asked as her jaw leaned on the side of my head.

"No," I breathed out.

It had been a month since Vero declared her love to me. A month since we last spoke. According to her, she assured that she was not going to give up on us, yet she hadn't come looking for me. For one, it was a good thing, I didn't have to keep rejecting her. On the other hand, I wanted to know what was up. Were we still friends or what? Apparently, our friendship was long gone.

"If it's affecting you so much, why don't you look for her?" Lauren suggested. "Camila, I hate when you're upset because of the situation," she added, while her fingers caressed my arm.

"It's okay babe, I'm perfectly fine when I'm with you," my head tilted to the side to look back at her. She smiled and pecked my lips. "See," I pointed at my smile.

"Yes, I see," she chuckled lightly. "But I also see that you're forcing it," she stated. I fixed my head in the crook her neck again.

The smile wasn't forced at all. Lauren really did make me happy, her kisses really did cause butterflies in my stomach, which made me giggle. I see where  she was coming from though. There were times in which I was forcing a certain smile, or smiling more than usual. It was only so Lauren wouldn't worry.

"This is a genuine smile," I demonstrated.

"That one is," she agreed. "You know, as much as I don't like that a very close friend of yours likes you, I would like for you to talk with Vero," she stated. Once again, I looked up to give her a puzzled expression. "I don't want you to lose one of your best friends," she explained.

Wow, Lauren was genuinely a nice person. This just showed how much she cared about me. Any other girl would've been jealous, and wouldn't allow me to get near Vero again, but not Lauren. Nope, she was different; she trusted me, and she wanted me to be happy.

"Thank you," I lifted my head and pecked her lips.

Changing the conversation topic, she said, "Let's go to the backyard and make the burgers," she tapped my shoulder, instructing me to get up. Ugh, I just wanted to stay with her like this, really close.

"You're making them right?" I just wanted to make sure.

"Of course, otherwise everything would burn," she joked.

"I told you, that was one time! And it wasn't my fault! The barbeque had a leg missing," I said in my own defense.

"And then you put a shit ton of lighter fluid on the coals, and then you lit a match, and threw it in the barbeque right? Oh, and it was under a big tree in your backyard?" she asked while laughing.

"I had never barbequed before," I said while putting my head down in embarrassment.

I was walking away from her until she started to pull on my arm. "Baby," she whined. "I'm sorry,"

I wasn't responding to her. I was embarrassed from the incident, I wasn't mad at her.

"Baby, please." She whined even more.

I shook my head, indicating that no, I wasn't talking to her.

"Camz," she said in a whiny type of a squeal.

"Camz?" I questioned, I was lost.

"Everyone calls you Mila, so I'll call you Camz." she said with a cute smile.