Chapter 22

When I woke up the next morning it was seven in the morning, Ky and my sister were still asleep so I went downstairs where Cora was once again in the kitchen. When she caught sight of me she looked almost relieved.

"Elaine, you're awake!"

"Um, yeah." I told her, not sure why she was being so enthusiastic about that. I eyed her curiously as I got myself some cereal. "I'm not used to sleeping in too late. Did you need something?"

"Yes." Cora nodded, looking extremely twitchy as I joined her at the table. "You know what Cody looks like, right?"

I almost choked on my food.

"Cody?" I managed after Cora pounded me on the back. "Yeah, but why do you need to know that?"

"I think I had a vision about him. Someone called out "Cody" in the background, I just need to know if it was the same one."

"He has almost black hair, blue eyes, he's attractive but in a Cillian Murphy-serial killer kind of way." I listed off.

Cora gave me a funny look. "Cillian Murphy?" she asked in disbelief.

"What?" I asked defensively. "He looks like a creepy serial killer!"

Cora rolled her eyes at me but otherwise didn't comment on that. "Well then that was him I had a vision of, though I kind of find it hard to believe..." she looked thoughtful and confused.

"What did you see?"

"You're not going to believe me." Cora said hesitantly. "I hardly believe me. But he was crying. I mean he wasn't full on sobbing, but it looked like tears had been running down his cheeks."

My eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Crying? Cody?! That can't be right! Did he say anything?"

Cora shook her head, looking as perplexed as I felt. "He didn't say anything, but he was holding a picture and just staring at it. He also had a gun and sometimes he would look at it with the strangest look in his eye."

I ran my hand through my hair, more confused then ever. "What was the look in his eye."

This part seemed to befuddle Cora more then anything. "If it wasn't Cody, I would swear he looked almost suicidal."

I shook my head slowly. "That can't be right."

"I'm only telling you what I saw." she trailed off.

I had nothing more to say so we sat in silence for a while, me eating my cereal and her staring out the window. When I was finished and after I did my dishes I went into the main room and switched on the TV. Cora must have heard the sound and she soon joined me, making me put change the channel to some cheesy show with a messed up love triangle between vampire brothers. Every time I mentioned how corny and stupid the show was or made fun of the acting Cora would get mad at me. It was the most fun I'd had in a while!

"Really? I expected more out of you, Elaine."

I jumped at the sound of Ky's voice from behind me and turned around.

"Hey, you're up!" I beamed at him.

"Good! While you're here take her away, she's been making fun of my awesome show all morning!" Cora informed Ky, managing to sound annoyed and amused at the same time.

"Oh the horror!" Ky made a shocked face. "Who would dare make fun of the Vampire Diaries, it's not like it's a pansy show or anything!"

"Is that what it's called?" I asked, cocking my head slightly in confusion. "But there's nothing about a diary in the show, it makes no sense."