Chapter 31 - Slow Dancing (Part two)

Katherine's  POV

* Flashbacks *

Around 10 years ago..

The vast, seemingly empty, space was filled with glittering, diamond-like stars. I've never noticed how lovely today's night sky was. Each twinkling star seemed to be in it's proper place, filling empty spaces. Shadowy, ribbon-like clouds were flowing around the full moon. "Even the moon  is beautiful." I whispered to myself my voice hoarse from crying.

Each crater on it's bright face was visible. The moon, the stars, the streaming clouds, everything glowed with it's own ominous light.

Everything was perfect.

Perfect beside the fact i am sitting alone on a bench with a masquerade party playing in the house facing me , my mask ripped , you can't even recognize it as a mask anymore , not to mention my white dress which is not white anymore,it is soaked with different types of drinks.

Well if you are wondering why i am not in the party and looking like shît sitting alone, that is because that bîtch Carol insulted me in front of everyone.

"You think you can hide your ugly face behind this mask." She said before taking it off my face and ripped it into pieces.

"Hope you will enjoy the party dear." She said before pouring the drink in her hand over my dress.

I looked around , everyone was staring and laughing at me , throwing at me weird names.

I felt the room spinning , my vision blurred with tears , I couldn't handle staying inside with all of them mocking at me , I directly stormed away of the house ,then texted my dad to come and pick me up.

And that's how i ended up on a bench alone staring at the dark sky.

An overwhelming feeling invaded my chest ,it was like i would break apart,  like i am about to burst any moment now , this feeling of loneliness , it is painful, it really hurts to be lonely and it hurts even more because I don't have anyone to share it with.

A single tear slid down from my eyes , followed by another one ,and another one until soon, a steady stream of salty tears flowed it's way down my pale cheek.

I closed my eyes , letting all the tears fall releasing the sadness and pain that had been held inside of me but still I didn't made a sound.

I felt a warm hand on my cheek wiping away the tears , I instantly opened my eyes , a guy was kneeling in front of me wiping my tears.

I wasn't able to see his face because of the mask but his eyes captured mine making me froze in my place.

To say that his eyes were blue was like saying the sun was yellow, sufficient but not accurate to capture the burning.

"Why a pretty lady like you is sitting alone and crying ?" He asked with a small smile , his gruff voice made my heart beats accelerate in my chest.

I wasn't able to utter a single word , i was so mesmerized by his crystal ocean blue eyes that my tongue felt so heavy , so i just shook my head unable to talk.

"What's your name ? " he asked removing his hand from my cheek making me miss the warmth it was giving me.

"I don't tell my name to strangers." I don't know how but i managed to form a complete sentence.