Chapter 43 - Picnic Day

Katherine's POV

I peeked at Ashton for the nth time , and still like every time
He looks so lost in his thoughts, paying no attention to the file in his hand.

We are sitting in his office working on a new project , in attempt to fix the loss that the company was subjected to lately.

Actually, It wasn't necessary to come to the company to finish this work, we could've worked from home , but it was obvious that he came here just to run away from his parents.

Both of them were there , father and mother , none of them said anything more to him, his mother kept on giving me disgusted looks while his father didn't pay much attention to me , he didn't even notice me.

We left directly after the small creepy talk with his mother , and i said nothing after the girlfriend thing , I actually don't know what to say.

And Ashton's mood changed totally after seeing his parents , gone all the joking and teasing, he just wore the same cold façade again.

He even wanted to take his stuffs and get back to the hotel , but his grandma hid all his things to make sure he'll come
Back.

"I took all your stuffs , so you are going to come back here . Okay." She said trying to convince him , Ashton gave her an annoyed look before he mumbled "Okay."

"Also , the weather tomorrow is good , so i think we should go on a picnic ." She said with a bright smile , the picnic idea made her enthusiastic for some reason.

"Picnic ? Seriously grandma." Ashton scowled.

"You will..."

"I.will.not.go !" He said stressing on each word showing his dislike in this conversation.

"Okay okay we will talk about this later , just come back before dinner." She said then turned toward me.

"Make sure he will come before dinner." She said to me giving me one of her warm smiles.

I nodded my head and went after Ashton.

Suddenly, The office's door bursted open pulling me out of my thoughts.

I snapped my head toward the doors direction , i spotted Alex entering without even knocking.

Typical Alex..

"Hello." He said in his usual enthusiastic tone , it sounded more like hellooowww.

He send a wink in my direction while stepping inside.

This guy is never going to change !

"What is with the grumpy mode ?" He asked looking at Ashton.

Ashton totally ignored him and went back to the file in his hand.

Alex turned to me and gave me a questioning look , i just shrugged.

"Sooo , your grandma called me , we are going on a picnic tomorrow." He said with a big smile.

Why he is always so happy !

"I am not going." Ashton said not bothering to look at Alex's direction.