Epilogue

Diaxel was growing up well. His monthly checkups had shown no signs of concern and the three of them had lived happily together for the last eight years.

"Mum, Ma-ma," he called. "Watch me."

Anita nudged Meriam, nodding her head at the little Guardian as he swung high above their heads. "Be careful sweetheart!" Meriam fussed. "Don't go too high."

"I won't, Ma-ma. Watch." He leaped from the swing, spinning around on a gust of wind before lightly landing on a pillar of earth he'd pulled from the ground.

Meriam almost had a heart attack, she still wasn't used to his development of magic and worried over him constantly. "He's going to hurt himself," she cried.

"He'll be fine," Anita soothed, pressing a light kiss to her forehead and wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "Magic comes easy to Guardians and his control is excellent."

Meriam curled into her arms. "But he's so young-"

Rain dripped onto their heads and Anita glanced up at him. Diaxel had crossed his arms and was staring at them with a pout on his face. "You didn't watch."

Anita laughed and untangled herself from Meriam, pulling the water around them and chucking little droplets back at him. Diaxel grinned and leaped from his post, cushioning his fall with air and ducking away from her. He hid behind the pillar and tossed a fireball at her. Anita blocked it and snuck around the pillar, scooping him up in her arms and spinning him around.

Diaxel squealed and clapped his hands. "Again, again."

Anita gently placed him on the ground and brushed away some dirt from his face. Crystals of all colours lined his tanned skin, allowing him the use of all the elements. "It's time to head home now, little one."

"But Mum," he whined, staring at her with wide turquoise eyes. "I'm not tired."

"It's time for dinner," she reminded him. "But if you don't want your favourite..."

He wiggled out of her arms and dashed down the sidewalk. "Well what are you waiting for? Let's go!" Anita waited for Meriam to catch up then followed the hyper little child down the street. Diaxel charged back towards them, squeezing in between and taking each of their hands in his. "Can we stop by Mother and Father on our way?" he asked.

"Of course sweetheart." Meriam scooped the little boy up in her arms, making him giggle. Diaxel pressed a kiss to her nose and wrapped his arms around her neck.

They took a detour to the cemetery, passing several Guardians who yelled out greetings, and Meriam put him down. Diaxel immediately ran over to his parent's graves and sat down, talking quietly about his day and making wild gestures with his hands.

"So, when you first picked me up in that snowstorm, did you ever think something like this would happen?" Anita asked, leaving Diaxel to do his thing and sitting with Meriam on a bench nearby to watch him.

"What? That Guardians would be wandering the streets freely, that I'd be in charge of keeping up relationships, or that I'd be married to one with an adorable little son who can use magic?"

Anita picked up her hand and kissed the little diamond ring on her hand. "A little bit of each."

Meriam reached forward and cupped Anita's face in her hands. "Never in my wildest dreams," she admitted, pressing a soft kiss to her lips. "But I wouldn't trade it for the world."

First time I've ever written a happy ending, this wasn't how I planned it but a friend of mine insisted xD Hope you all enjoyed it regardless.

~NightWolf