Chapter 8: Pity Party

Today I was fully dress and awaiting someone's arrival. I had board games, ice cream and my phone playing Ed sheeran on shuffle. I had big plans on making today the best day ever, It was going to be a little party.
I had got an entire season of to fear factor ready when they showed up so now all I had to do was wait. I sat in my favorite low rise jean's, my makeup extra perfect because I managed to get my wing liner correct and I had my shirt my mom recently brought me. I was ecstatic and ready.
I sat there with a grin and anticipation overwhelming me.
I checked the clock and it was 10 so it was still a bit early, I think Harry came at a 11 yesterday so maybe it'll be the same today. Adan could show up any minute because today was her day off so this was all perfect. I adjusted every game in order then sat cross legged staring at the door.

12:00

Still no sign of Harry or Adan but I'm sure they probably overslept or something. Adan usually wakes up around this time so she could be eating or on her way which was fine with me. Harry was probably getting his hair cut at this moment or waking up as well so I'll just wait a while longer.

2:30

I was beginning to get upset and feel let down but would quickly fix my attitude. Ice cream has melted, my phone died so the room was silent and the only people entering was nurse Questa to offer me something. She looked at me sympathetically and rubbed my back. "They'll be here soon I'm sure." She said before strolling out with the ice cream cups to get new ones. I relied on her words and waited longer figuring I was getting my hopes up too high and that people were probably busy so they should be here later.

4:15

This time I let the ice cream melt and didn't bother replacing them. My phone fully charged again but not a single message and my stomach growling. I had skipped breakfast and lunch because today I naturally assumed they'd bring food for us. My head began to hurt looking at the clock so much and playing with the marbles on the mancala board. Maybe they'd be here before 8 so I'll just give them a minute.

7:00

I began cleaning and putting things back in place before I got in the shower and changed into a new gown. When I finished I laid in bed still hopeful they'd show up or maybe atlease one of them. My eyes droopy and it was now time for the last meal of the day. I began doubting they'd come so I lost my appetite all together and even when the nurse tried to feed me I couldn't. I was too upset. "Maybe they'll come by and say goodnight." Nurse Questa reassured me before disposing her gloves and exiting the room. I sighed and waited a while longer.

8:00

"Visting hours are officially over." Dorris announced through the intercom. Nurse Questa looked at me and frown while she stroked the top of my hair. "I'm sorry Hazina." She apologized after taking the rest of my pills and leaving the room again. I looked at the time one last time. 8:02.

I hated everyone today and forever. Whatever they are doing is way more important than me apparently.

Sad part about it is that when I first got cancer I thought maybe I could actually make some friends but everyone was a one hit wonder and came to visit for pity. Then Harry strolled along with my bestfriend making me feel for once I wasn't alone and people actually cared about me and cared if I was rotting away in this hell. I guess I was wrong. Why should I even be upset, just because I'm stuck here doesn't mean they have to be stuck in here with me. They don't have cancer; I do.