Chapter 4: Three Notes on a Sunday

That morning, Aimee woke up with a broad smile on her face; Stefan was the only thing on her mind. She felt like nothing could go wrong, and then she glanced over at the time. It would be right about then when Molly called out until Aimee appeared downstairs. 08:00.

"Three, two -" counted Aimee.

"Aimee!" Molly called, from the kitchen, as usual.

"Wow, she's early," chuckled Aimee.

She got up and clothed herself in what she had worn the previous day. While getting dressed, she realised that she left her bag in Stefan's car! With her T-shirt halfway down her arms, she slapped her forehead. She did not even have Stefan's cellphone number. She could only pray that he brought it to school, without meddling through it. Aimee let out a sigh, pulled her T-shirt on properly and headed downstairs.

"Morning," she greeted.

"Good morning," replied Molly. "Sunday pancakes, yum."

Have you tasted your pancakes, Aimee thought to herself, sticking out her tongue in disgust behind Molly's back.

As Molly turned around, holding Aimee's plate of pancakes, Aimee was sure to sit up straight with an innocent smile on her face - and a transparent halo. Molly set the plate down and walked away, leaving Aimee to "enjoy" her breakfast.

Aimee ate up and went back to her bedroom. She dropped on her bed, arms spread out across the sheets. She thought about what she would do that day.

"Sleep, eat, and watch television," she sighed happily.

Just then, she heard Molly calling once again from downstairs. She yelled "visitor" from the front door. Aimee stood up and wondered who would be there on a Sunday morning. It could not have been Emma; Molly would not address her as just a visitor and she was one of the few of Aimee's friends that she actually liked.

Aimee walked out her door and down the stairs. Molly was waiting at the foot of the flight.

"It's that boy from last night," she said.

"Stefan?" Aimee asked excitedly.

She rushed past Molly and to the front door. Aimee ogled through the peephole, it was Stefan! Before answering the door, she primped herself at the wall mirror in the foyer. She made a final breath-check and opened the door.

"Hey, Stefan," she leaned against the doorway, trying to keep her cool.

"Aimee, hey," greeted Stefan. "I brought your... things."

"Oh, thanks," she received her bag. "Is that all?" she sighed lightly.

"Yeah, I need to be somewhere," he said.

Aimee looked disappointed, but tried not to make it too obvious. Stefan tucked his hands into his jeans pockets. He said goodbye and turned back to his motorbike in the driveway. Aimee watched him leave and waved until he waved back at her. Molly stalked behind her.

"Well?" she questioned.

"Ah! Don't do that!" yelled Aimee. "And "well" what?"

She faced Molly, waiting for an answer. Molly closed the front door behind Aimee and looked into her eyes.

"Well, why was he here?" she replied.

"He returned my kit," Aimee lifted her carry bag. "I forgot it in his car last night."

Molly shot Aimee an alarmed look.

"Don't start," remarked Aimee.

Molly shrugged and walked upstairs to her and Clifford's bedroom. Aimee exhaled and looked at her bag. A smile crossed her face as she swung the bag over her shoulder and returned to her room. She let her bag down beside her and removed her diary from beneath the bed. She paged to her last entry, read through it and started writing: