Chapter 8

Luciano was the one who killed Arnold.

It was odd referring to him as that.

Not too long ago I had suspected the man with the blonde hair and insane look in his eyes to be a serial killer in town. I thought perhaps he was the one to kill Arnold but I was apparently wrong.

Both these men I had met were murderers. The logical thing to do was call the police.

"Why?" I said dryly my eyes probably seeming lifeless as the man searched my face.

From what I was thinking this man, Luciano, was starved, buried and left behind. That was if he was indeed a creature with fangs.

If he was what I was thinking the term buried alive wouldn't be fitting. I stared at him dully with my mind void of any emotions as usual; the aspect of fright not even occurring to my senses.

The empty hole inside of me didn't grasp onto such thing and left me to stand there like a vacant shell.

"I needed it," Luciano replied lowly his eyes solemnly on me- observing.

I gazed ahead unfazed. The air was still seemingly frozen and I thought about Arnold.

However the air suddenly wavered in its frozen state and only a blink later Luciano stood in front of me, standing incredibly tall and closer than conversing distance.

A distance that I couldn't determine since I wasn't one for conversation.

It was like he had carried over the aura of tenseness around him and wedged it between the two of us as I stood still just like his solid unwavering posture. He stood close enough for one to smell, and for a man who was underground he smelt musky and almost like coconut which opposed his bitter look.

I slowly lifted my head and gazed at his grey like eyes that burned with a darker brown like colour that took over. A few small strands of his dark hair rested on his forehead and he had a impassive expression.

His hands were still resting in his pockets and his shoulders were relaxed as he looked down on me.

I stared up at him blankly and had a neutral expression.

"Somethings not right about you," Luciano suddenly commented in a off tone as he continued to look into my eyes.

He tilted his head ever so slightly and continued to flicker his eyes back and forth between my eyes.

"Its normal for me and others alike to be as empty as you are. But for a human you should naturally be frightened from what you know, should you indeed?" he asked his face expressionless.

However his tone had a hint of distaste and somewhat disturbance at the thought. Like he was puzzled.

What he was saying made sense. But shouldn't something like him know how pointless a life like mine is? This ephemeral illusion on earth didn't matter. It wasn't real. When I die everything on this planet will be non existent to me and won't follow me to death. It was completely senseless.

When I didn't speak he searched both of my eyes and kept speaking.

"I knew you were odd from the first time you came to my grave," he commented lowly, "-from where I laid deprived even I could hear approaching feet and your heart didn't even skip a beat nor speed up from fright," he muttered coldly.

Unexpectedly, Luciano tapped the side of my skull firmly with deliberate force making me blink several times at the small dull throb.

"Which is a instinctive response for humans. You're mentally disorientated," he added in the same low tone as he moved away and turned slightly.